adenomyosis - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-06-2006, 10:41 PM
adenomyosis

I never heard the word adenomyosis untill I was diagnosed with it . My symptoms are very heavy periods, so heavy that I would get anemic, and knife stabbing pain in my pelvis, and labor like pains in my uterus which would cause me to pass out. I wish there was something other than hystorectomy to help. Did the dr mention a uterine prolapse, that falling out feeling is usually that You should look into it good luck
Celtic D .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2006, 10:54 PM
adenomyosis

I dont know how big my uterus was I think he said 15or16 wks pregnancy size. When he mentioned hysterectomy I didn't here another word.
Unread 01-07-2006, 01:34 AM
adenomyosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrachrome
I was diagnosed with adeno after a laparoscopy. I had really never heard the word adenomyosis before. What types of symptom do you other princesses with adeno experience? My uterus in enlarged and off to the left. I have left abdominal pain (the reason for the lap to begin with). I also have heavy periods and a feeling like everything is gonna just fall right out down there. Any other sisters have these symptoms?
I had very heavy, painful periods and did become anaemic. The periods were irregular which meant for me they were becoming increasingly frequent, sometimes only a few days apart. I also had severe PMT and bloating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2006, 08:07 AM
adenomyosis

I had never heard the word until after surgery when that was also one of the diagnoses. I had the heavy, painful periods also. The symptoms you describe are exactly how I felt!
Unread 01-07-2006, 08:32 AM
adenomyosis

Hey celtic d! I can relate to what you are feeling. I do not have any hurniated discs or anything like that, but I have the swollen belly syndrome! Pretty much everyday, I look like I'm pregnant, have intense in the lower ab area which shoots down (if you know what I mean). I have pain in the left side, which goes around to my back and to top it all off, now am having problems going to the bathroom. Being a woman is just soooooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-07-2006, 08:48 AM
besides the swollen belly syndrome..........

have any of you been having those "mommy meltdown" moments? Sometimes, things get so hectic that I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I get upset, and yell sometimes, not meaning to and I feel like a terrible mother afterwords. Is this my hormones raging already? I can only imagine how it will be after surgery. Any advice?
Unread 01-07-2006, 09:20 AM
adenomyosis

re whether this syndrome goes away at menopause.
I had had a lap procedure about 15 years ago that suggested andenomyosis. My thirties, forties were typically uncomfortable with the usual suspects for symptoms. THis summer, i am 52, I could tell menopause was definetly here or close. The symptoms of pelvic pressure were definetly not abating.
Very happy with the results of my dec. 29th tvh, uterus weighing in almost 3 times its normal size. love the new wiggle room down there. So my guess, at least in my case, lower estrogen levels at menopause did not cure.....anne
Unread 01-07-2006, 10:31 AM
adenomyosis

Patcat & Celtic d-- Just came home Thursday from a TAH/BSO I too have back trouble had fusion at L5 S1 in 2003 needed it done three times for various reasons. My biggest concern was my back going into to surgery. Wasn't bad at the hospital becuause the beds adjust but at home well it is a different story. I am having alot of trouble with sicatic nerve pain. Can't seem to sit or lay for any amount of time. I try to do some of the excersises they gave me after back surgery but don't have the stomach muscles to do them. Talk to your doctor ahead of time for ideas and make sure you walk, walk, walk. That is the only thing that seems to help me. Good luck and the surgery itself seems pretty easy compared to the back surgery and fusion
Unread 01-07-2006, 11:53 AM
adenomyosis

thanks. I opted not to do surgery . I thought I could wait. I didnt want the down time with 2 babies in the house . I now have to have the down time with 2 babies. U am not looking forward to be Idle and in pain.
Unread 01-07-2006, 10:27 PM
adenomyosis

So can you get weight gain, swollen belly and belly pain with adeno? I had all of a sudden went to put on a pair of jeans that had fit a month ago and couldn't get them fastened comfortably. I was baffled by this because I really watched what I ate over the summer. Maybe this adeno is the reason.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register