adenomyosis - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-08-2006, 10:33 AM
adenomyosis

I have been on a diet and I have been losing weight, but My jeans are tight go figure. I cant stand this feeling . Icant wait for this to be over so I can go back to the gym. I am going back and forth with the idea of surgery I know what I have to do and will get my date hopefully tomorrow at my appointment. I dont know if I have to wait for them to call me back or will they call the hospital right there. I didnt want to do back surgery because there is no guarantee that the pain will go away and there is a chance of paralysis if they nick you. I can deal with the pain rather than not be able to walk again. That is worst case. I am resigned to this operation and will do it. thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 12:30 PM
adenomyosis

I second that. Speedy recovery and to you Pat cat will pray for both of you and say a prayer on tuesday for you pat cat good luck Try getting a heating pad. Thermophore is the best. as long as it has moist heat. That helps the back.
Unread 01-08-2006, 01:47 PM
adenomyosis

Wow. It's so interesting that several people would mention 'outgrowing' their jeans. A couple of months ago I resigned myself to the fact that I needed to buy some bigger jeans. I couldn't believe it because I walk everywhere, I don't overeat, I'm very active. I'm not bulging anywhere else, I'm just developing this bulge.

I was diagnosed with adenomyosis about a month ago. I have the constant, horrible pain in the left side of my pelvis. That's what sent me to the doctor. I didn't realize until I read this, though, that my peeing problems might have to do with this. I thought they were from having babies. It seems like the hose is bent or something. I have to pee too often, and when I pee it will seem like it's all done until change positions. I am relieved to know that maybe this surgery will fix this problem as well.

My surgery is in 3 days. I'm nervous, but I'm also so relieved. I honestly thought that at the tender age of 32 maybe that was just it for me. Maybe the decline of my health had begun and it was downhill from here. I am so glad to know that this is a problem that can be fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 02:20 PM
adenomyosis

freemesoon You should talk to your dr about that peeing problem / They may be able to fix while they are in there. Having general anestrhesia one time rather than multiple times good luck I will pray for you and the others
Unread 01-08-2006, 08:19 PM
adenomyosis

I was just 10 days shy of my 30th b-day when I had my hyster for andeo. I had horrible non stop bleeding even though I took 2 birth control pills a day, stabbing cramps, bad back pain, lots of pressure when I had a BM . Sex.. forget about it, it hurt way to much . My life was stopped from all the daily pain and it stunk cause I had a 3 yr old I had to play happy mommy to.
I am very happy to report that all my syptoms I mentioned above are gone and life has never been better. I have gotten my life back and am able to play happy mommy and mean it. The recovery is long and hard, but IMHO well worth it.
Good luck with your surgeries and I hope you all have the outcome I did and get your lives back!!!!
Unread 01-08-2006, 09:09 PM
adenomyosis

Tanner I am glad you are feeling better. I know what playing happy mommy is about. It is hard to be happy and be in constant pain. Does anyone out there know if adenomyosis is left untreated will it turn into endometrial cancer? I hope not .
Unread 01-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Yes looked pregnant and had back problems

I always looked pregnant at my monthly time, and it got worse over time. After the surgery i got slim, but if I over did activities, such as vaccumming when i wasn't suppose to cause i have cats, or cookiing and standing on my feet too long i did get swelly belly. I have gained weight since the surgery but I think my ovaries are still in shock, don't feel the same.

Adenomyosis was the worst. Did not know what i had until after the hyst - then understood all the pain and swelling i had had. I had adenomyosis and fibroids so large they pushed my bladder out which had to be retacted. Don't be worried, get rid of the pain. Adeno is terrible.

I had sever back problems for years and they always said it was related to my uterous - my L5S1 disk was totally shot -- yet the only time it bothered me was at my monthly - they said a water sack on the back of my uterus was filling up causing this pain. I think they were wrong. This year, and for the past few years it has been getting worse, blood clots, crapping, I had cramping and bleeding so bad one day that I broke my zipper from bending over in pain at work it was horrible. For the past few years I felt like I was having miscarrages - the blood clots were so big. I felt like I was hemmoraging. Had lots of pain and lots of stress to deal with, I didn't know I had this condition until the surgery - then found this out and that I had very large multiple fibroid that had also damaged my bladder. I even had cortizone shots in my spine to take care of the pain - shrink the grape like hemmerage from my spine cause it was so bad.
Unread 01-09-2006, 01:03 PM
adenomyosis

blue eyes I am sorry you were in so much pain I hope you are feeling better post surgery. I spoke to my dr about my back and they will be very carefull they said something about some socks they put on you pre surgery. I have numbness in the leg now never mind after surgery . I finally got my date it is February 27 2006. I had to wait that long so the two drs can coordinate their schedules. I am relieved and apprehensive at the same time.
Unread 01-09-2006, 09:34 PM
adenomyosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic d
freemesoon You should talk to your dr about that peeing problem / They may be able to fix while they are in there. Having general anestrhesia one time rather than multiple times good luck I will pray for you and the others

Good idea. My pre-op is in the morning. I'm surprised that my dr didn't ask me about that or notice anything during the diagnostic laporoscopy. I just didn't realize that the the pee problem could be related to the adeno until I read it here.
Unread 01-10-2006, 12:07 PM
adenomyosis

I'm so happy to find this site. I to have adenomoyosis, I thought I was going crazy with all the pain and swelling. I'm happy to hear that I'm not alone. Not happy to hear that you all are going through this as I would'nt wish this on my wrost enemy. I just wish I could take something that work for all the pain I'm having. Nothing seems to ease it at all. Just can't wait until the 26th! The worst I feel will be over. Thanks to everyone

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register