adenomyosis - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-16-2006, 06:09 PM
adenomyosis

loislane97- hi, I'm from Ft.Myers but live in Indiana now. I think you should get a 2nd opinion, it just doesn't sound right. As far as the pain meds go it will help because you will need them sooner or later belive me. My pain is horriable now and it seems the closer I get the worse it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2006, 06:17 PM
adenomyosis

loislane why would your dr not remove the tumor on the spleen? That just doesnt sound right please get a 2nd opinion
Donna
Unread 01-18-2006, 06:28 PM
adenomyosis

from what they have told me, the spleen is a very vascular organ - they dont like to mess with it unless absolutely necessary. I had an MRI to see/show whether or not it is cancer - the test SAID it is considered a "hemangioma" - non-cancerous. the dr. then said it is OK to just leave it alone. it MAY have been there for a long time, as I feel absolutely NOTHING from it. ??? I question it as well....seems like leaving it in is just asking for trouble. and, thanks to all you who replied to me with sugg. I AM GETTING A 2ND OPINION ON EVERYTHING!! and, i must say, I am VERY happy about that! THANK YOU GIRLS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2006, 06:35 PM
adenomyosis

Ollie8569,
I LOVE fort myers. i moved here in '99 and cannot imagine life anywhere else. I am getting a 2nd opinion. it is scheduled for the 30th of jan. I am very happy that I listened to everyone to do just that. I will be sure to report this OB docs findings. I want this thing OUT of me.
Unread 01-18-2006, 06:50 PM
adenomyosis

Lyn1218,
I find this all so interesting. I have had "pain" with my periods - blood clots, sometimes large ones, but really, never even went thru an entire box of pads, so , how bad could it really have been for me?? YES, i would get thigh pain, and low abd. pain, but it didnt last...I just thought "Im having my period - my CURSE, as I called it for years - and it will soon pass....so....approx. 1 month ago, right after my Dec.period, I notice a strange "burning, enflamed" feeling in my abdomen - LOW abdomen, that seemed to radiate toward the left side but far left of my ovary, so that confused me....(for 3 years I have been seeing diff. docs. for low backpain that radiates down my LEFT leg, primarily...told "nothing wrong with you dear")...anyway...i go to my primary for this "burning feeling" in my abdomen, NOT when I pee - NOTHING when I pee, and sex doesnt bother me at all either....just this very odd burning "contraction-like" feeling....after numerous tests, she throws her hands up and sends me to an OBGYN whose asst. says, after doing my 2nd vag. ultras., I suspect adenomyosis...I then see the OB - nice young man - who pretty much confirms it, even tho i have NO spotting, my periods are REGULAR as clockwork, and they arent EXTREMELY heavy. I AM bloated tho...and, it has been a month, I have had the 2nd period with this, and it is STILL a part of me. Im sorry I am sooo long winded, but I guess I was just wondering, do these symptoms sound similar??? I am quesitoning whether or not I actually have adeno....I feel more like I have uterine fibroids, tho they didnt see any on any of the tests ( she saw 1)....I amhavingin my 2nd opinion end of the month. OK, just felt like sharing. Your story sounded kind of like me. thanks for listening. loislane.
Unread 01-18-2006, 08:05 PM
adenomyosis

some people who have adenomyosis have no symptoms and then gradually over time wham the pain, bloating, heavy periods . The contraction like feeling you have is probably the adenomyosis Because it is contained in the uterus. I have pain all month long it feels like being 5 cm dialated all month long and when I have my period it is like being 10 cm and ready to deliver sorry so graphic. And my stomach looks pregnant all month long . It is good you are going for a 2nd opinion You could do a search on the internet on adenomyosis It could explain some things
Unread 01-18-2006, 08:08 PM
adenomyosis

Your symptoms sound just like mine. About four years ago after I had my daughter and my periods started back up again I noticed a change with them. They were very heavy with clotting. I brushed it aside just thinking that I was older and my body was changing. Then the pain started. I never had painful periods. I mean they were a pain in the butt but never really painful. I have the strange burning sensation, terrible backaches, leg achiness, especially in my left leg. The thing that really scared me was the pain that I started to have with bowel movements during my periods. I am sorry if I just grossed you out but that was what got me to my doctor's office. Sometimes the pain gets so bad I almost pass out. Now the pain comes more frequently, not just with my periods. I am also bloated. Sometimes it is hard to button my jeans. I am sorry if i am going on too much. it is just interesting to discuss this disease with others who have it considering that I had never heard of it before.Let me know how your tests turn out . I am hoping for the best for you.
Lynn
Unread 01-23-2006, 11:37 AM
adenomyosis

Hi all,

Turns out that my pathology report revealed that I did not have adenomyosis but instead 2 fibroids (I started a thread - diagnosis changed post-op). At first I was upset. I hadn't done any research on fibroids and wondered if there were alternatives I should have researched for treatment of fibroids rather than going to the extreme of a hyst. Although it's a little late now, I researched fibroids and found several sites that did confirm a hyst is often the only true solution when the fibroids are within the uterine muscle, as mine were. That's what caused the severe pain. Not that I can change things but I'm still glad I made the decision to take care of it. Now I patiently wait until I feel fantastic as other hystersisters have said they feel a little further down the post-op path. :balanc:
Unread 01-23-2006, 12:48 PM
adenomyosis

Hello Ladies,
I am fairly new to the site and recently found out that I have adeno as well. I have the back pain, have for a long time, but it was always brushed off b/c of the size of my son and how large I was while pregnant....about 50 lbs heavier than normal. I am so glad that I found this site!! I don't know anyone else with adeno and this has been so good for me mentally!!
I have such a problem with the swelling that I often look between 4 and 6 months pregnant by the end of the day!! I teach preschool and am on my feet a lot and it seems to aggrivate the swelling...could just be in my mind though. I am hoping that the bulge goes away after the surgery as well. It seems to me that we have all had similar diagnostic journies!! It took forever to get the diagnosis and finally figure out why I was bleeding so much and so often. I am grateful to have all of you and the messages to read. Best of luck to all of those waiting for their trip to the castle!!! I am still waiting to find out my surgery date.....will hopefully find out Feb 3rd.
Unread 01-23-2006, 12:58 PM
adenomyosis

I had my procedure done last week and found that pillows under my legs helped with back pain - also pillows between my knees and by my belly when I went to my side. Change positions often enough not to get stiff and ask for help to move around at first. I had surgery for back trouble 3 years ago and have arthritis in my lower spine so I understand - just listen to your body and what you know is best for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register