adenomyosis - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-04-2006, 04:45 PM
adenomyosis

I finally have my surgery date and am anxiously awaiting it. March 8th cannot possibly get here soon enough. I am so looking forward to the relief that you are all having. Thanks for all of the postings, they provide so much support!!!

angie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2006, 06:46 PM
adenomyosis

I am having my surgery onthe 27th of feb...I am anxious - and HOPING, since, honesty I have JUST started experriencing most of this in he past 2 months!! Oh, I have had backpain -REAL honest to god back +_ leg pain for the last 5 years - periods have ALWAYS been awful (but i thoght that was normal....) anyway. HOPE I havent pushed too hard for this surgery - I hope I am making the right decision (I think I am ) ANXIOUS to just feeeeeel better! I FJUST MY LEG PAIN AND BACK PAIN WOULD GO AWAY!! has anyone exp. this leg and backpain?? will it go away?? once the uterus is removed???
GOOD LUCK RBN4JSUS!! looks like our surgerys are one day apart! I will think of you and think HAPPY thoughts!
loislane
Unread 02-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Hello

My name is Penni and i just had my hysterectomy 3 wks ago. I was told I had Adenomyosis and I suffered from my uterus being 3 times the size it is to be. I lived with the bloating and pain for the last year and the only way to cure it was a full hysterectomy. So I can honestly say i know what you are going through.

Good Luck
  Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic d
Hi ladies I have been diagnosed with adenomyosis and pelvic relaxation. I here everyone talking about swelly belly post surgery. Has anyone looked pregnant before surgery? I wonder will it get worse before it gets better. also Has anyone had back problems pre surgery I am afraid that i will not be able to sit stand or otherwise. I know iam fretting about nothing, but I am in pain everyday from nerve damage and herniated discs in my spine and neck. can someone relate?
Thanx
celticd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2006, 07:52 AM
adenomyosis

Loislane, I had a lot of back pain that started just a few months before my hysterectomy. I was scheduled for hyst. due to anemia from horrendous periods all my life and a small submucosal fibroid. I also had a lot of bloating....yuck. My pathology report also showed I had adenomyosis so that would explain all the back pain and bloating that is now gone. I had back pain the day of surgery and none since....it has been great and I am so glad I did not chicken out of the surgery. I did think about canceling it a time or two but realized that my quality of life was really being affected by all the bleeding and pain. I am 12 days post op and feeling great. I walked a mile last night with dh, took kids to school this am and am essentially pain free at this point with regards to the surgery. However, I am being careful and not lifting heavy things, etc. My biggest complaint is that I do not have the energy that I would like to have. This improves with each day though and in so many ways I feel better than I did prior to surgery. I don't think we realize how much all this affects our bodies until after the surgery. Best wishes for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. Karen
Unread 02-06-2006, 02:00 PM
adenomyosis

Hi! I too was diagnosed last July via transvaginal ultrasound as having adeno along with 3 fibroids. I have suffered with HEAVY bleeding, huge clots, severe cramps, and ruined clothes for 6 years. Had a D&C a week after my DD was born and then a year afterwards too. Tried BC pills too, but they turned me into a fat monster.
I finally got my hysterectomy scheduled and now my uterus is too big to fit TVH, so I have to have a TAH. Doesn't matter - just get it out! Over the last 6 months, things have really gotten worse. I now look 3-6 months pregnant depending on the day, cramp most of the month, am bleeding every 14-21 days, and severely anemic even with 320 mg of iron a day. My back was hurt in a car accident 2 years ago and the L4-L5 and L5-S1 have given me so much trouble. I was diagnosed with DDD of the same area about 10 years ago and was offered fusion, but refused it due to the complications that were possible. I have had two sets of facet joint injections (2 on each side) since the accident and it helps for about 3 months.
I too am worried post-op about the not only the pain from the surgery but also if my back will be affected. But I know that not dealing with the adeno will be WELL worth it in the long run!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register