Well heck, this just stinks ! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well heck, this just stinks ! Well heck, this just stinks !

Unread 01-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Well heck, this just stinks !

I am almost 4 weeks post op and my DH had to fly out to FL on Tuesday to meet up with my DD and drive home together. She has been working as a intern for Walt Disney World.

I miss him and I miss his help. Even at 4 weeks post op, I tire very easily and feel the pressure of the extra things he has been doing that I have to do myself. Take care of our animals, just stuff. You know how it is.

Can you get someone to stay with you a while to help while your DH is gone? A friend, sister, someone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 07:21 PM

hehe, we did it again. ((( mt_deb )))

I hope you find a friend or family member to go to the hospital with you. I know your husband would be with you if he could. Plus your hystersisters will be here, praying for your surgery.

I'm thankful for your husband too! An essential job...and yes, its too bad we can't be more trusting in this new world of ours.
Unread 01-05-2006, 07:25 PM

I'm sorry your alone darend, that stinks. Please go as slow as you can. I have a lot of animals too but the one thing I do have is my DD who is 18 and will help me a ton. Of course she does have school and then there is her work. But her grades are good and I bet they would allow her a few days and work may even do the same seeing as they hired because of hubby (LOL) Sounds like your DD has an exciting job !
I wish them a speedy and safe return home to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 07:29 PM

Hee Hee Kathy , yep we keep doing that !

Okay time for a nice warm bath and possibly some chocolates , hmm did I say possibly ? no make that definately!
Unread 01-07-2006, 12:05 PM

Oh Deb, I wish your husband could be there with you! I very much appreciate the work that he does ~ in fact I am increadibly grateful. Each time my husband flies I am less afraid because of the work your husband does. As I sit here and write this I know that you and your family have already made SO MANY sacrifices, but it would be nice if the timing could be different, and you would not have to make this one NOW. I am praying that the trial gets over quickly and he can be by your side.

Please feel free to stomp your feet to me all that you want. Do a Texas two-step and I'll provide the music until your feet give out. I am here for you whenever you need an ear or a shoulder... OK? And I don't consider it whining at all! And Hopefully, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers too. I am praying that your husband gets his new liver and that you have an uneventful surgery and a smooth recovery.

Good luck you ladies in waiting!
Unread 01-07-2006, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I'd like to thank you and your DH for this sacrifice. His job/dedication keeps us safe!
Ditto on what she said! I hope his trial has a speedy end. I hope everyone around you is nice to you. Stomp all you want! (hey that rhymes!) I would too!
Unread 01-07-2006, 01:40 PM

I wan't to thank you all so much. Hubby and I always appreciate it when folks say thank you. I wan't to explain something though. There are no sacrafices really, more like little inconviences sometimes. The calls at 3am come to mind (grin) Now, I DO have my selfish moments and let me share a story with you of one of them and then you will better understand when I say these are not sacrafices. 2 Christmases ago, it was right before Christmas, hubby was again in Phoenix part of a team of Agents hunting down people they called Coyoytes. Coyotes are those that smuggle people from Mexico into the states for money. What these coyotes were doing was to get the money then once they got them to the states they would hold them hostage and contact their familes still in Mexico to get more money. They usually would kill the hostages anyway even after receiving the additional money. Okay so the Agents hear of a house where there are hostages being held and they plan to go in. ( kind of like what you see swat teams do) Okay they get in and get the place secured all is good. Hubby calls me to tell me he most likely will not be home for Christmas as there are many more houses they need to find, well I go into a hissy fit and tell him " You tell them right now , no way, your going home" He then told me of what they found when they went into this house. "Deb, there were several familes. One had a 10 and 12 year old girl. I don't think I need to tell you what the Coyotes were doing to them over and over. When we freed these people ( they were bound and gagged) To see the children run to their mothers and to have the mothers come up to us and throw their arms around us crying and giving us kisses all over was a feeling I can not describe to you. I told him stop , you don't need to tell me anymore, stay as long as they need you. I apologized to my husband for being so selfish and I felt quite ashamed after that. So see, there are no sacrafices really. I could hear in his voice the joy of being a part of that. Since that instance I have had a better understanding of why he chose this career and I support him wholeheartdly. Minor inconviences at times , yes. Sacrafices, no.

Thank you all for so much support and love.

Now after that long post here is the best news.

Hubby got home last night !!! I cried.
All your thoughts, prayers and wishes worked !
Unread 01-07-2006, 01:50 PM

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deb this is GREAT news and I am SO GLAD!

Good luck to you during your upcoming surgery. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and my prayers.

Love,
Anna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register