Weight Gain for afterwards? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight Gain for afterwards? Weight Gain for afterwards?

Unread 01-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Weight Gain for afterwards?

I am having a LAVH on 1/19/06 and have hormone issues to begin with. I am keeping only one ovary and was wondering with just keeping one will I have weight gain afterwards from everything and just "hanging" out? I have put on 15 lbs. through all of this and want to be myself again? As the date nears, I am freaking out more and more even though I am in a way looking forward to this b/c I won't have all of this junk to deal with......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 08:32 PM

Best wishes for your surgery. I am scheduled for LAVH on the 26th. I have also recently gained a few pounds...stress, holidays, hormones, fibroids, ? Like you I despise it. Yuck. always said I could not be a happy, overweight person. I work really hard to stay in shape but recently have not been very motivated. I know we will need to be careful of what we eat afterwards with our inactivity. See you on the other side. K
Unread 01-05-2006, 08:51 PM

Not all women gain weight after surgery. Some do because of poor diet and lack of activity. Others do as a result of their HRT. Every sister is different and we react differently to this process. I gained a few pounds post op, but I chose to treat post op as a new beginning and a new me. Exercise and a good diet help keep the weight off and I feel healthier than I have in years. Good Luck to you! s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2006, 06:55 AM

Hi, I had a tah/bso over 3 years ago and have been on hrt since then. I actually lost a few pounds right after my hyst. I am pretty active and have stayed about the same weight since then. It does seem to vary with each individual and their personal physical shape, lifestyle and eating habits.

Best wishes.

s
Unread 01-06-2006, 07:29 AM

I am nervous about weight gain too!!! But I am hoping that after I recover, I will feel better and will be more likely to get back in to my workout regimine!!!! I need to loose about 45 pounds as it is, and hope I don't gain any more!!!!!!! Best wishes to you and will see you on the other side!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully we will both be saying we are loosing, not gaining!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-06-2006, 08:30 AM

I am nervous too because I have put on about 6 pounds but i think that is lack of exercise. Am please to read your post CharmedOne- I am hoping it will come off now the holiday season has passed and I become more active too.
Unread 01-06-2006, 08:44 AM

Hi Ladies!
I had LAVH a month ago today. I have lost 5 lbs. I have watched what I eat though due to the no serious exercise thing.
I gained weight over the past year due to not exercising because of the pain I was in. I am now looking forward to being able to exercise again (when allowed) without pain!
All the Best,
Laurie
Unread 01-06-2006, 06:41 PM

My fear too..... I am also scheduled for the 19th - TAH. I heard people lose weight just after the hyst - but tend to gain it back for the reasons mentioned in the other posts. I am going to try to stock up on healthy munchies - cause that's a weakness for me - especially if I am hanging around the house by myself!

My other fear is losing abdominal strength and messing up my back even further.

We January sisters should meka a pact to help eachother. I am also sure this site has some good ideas for weight control after surgery. Right now I am pretty focused on just making it the th 19th with ANY amount of sanity!

Good luck!
Unread 01-06-2006, 08:40 PM

Here Here. I Am Scheduled For Sah On Jan 16. I Do Not Have A Ritualistic Workout Regimen, But I Am Also Not In Bad Shape. What I Am Worried About (from What I've Been Reading On This Site) Is The Scar Tissue They Say Forms At Your Incision Site From Working Out After The Surgery. I Am Afraid That If I Don't Do Some Form Of Excercise Other Than Walking, That I Will Overeat Out Of Boredom And End Up Putting On Pounds That I Cannot Afford. If Anyone Out There Can Dispel What I've Been Reading Please Post.
Worknwomn3 Good Luck To You. I Hope All Goes Well.
Here's To No Weight Gain After
Unread 01-06-2006, 09:26 PM

My hysterectomy is sched. for Jan 23. I'd love to make a pact with all the January princesses who worry about weight gain. That is certainly a worry of mine since I already need to lose about 40-50 lbs. Let's reach out to everyone and maybe we can all stay on track!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register