Weight Gain for afterwards? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight Gain for afterwards? Weight Gain for afterwards?

Unread 01-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Worried 'bout it too.

I also am worried about the weight gain. I need to lose about 50 lbs. as it is. I'm hoping to actually lose a few pounds due to the surgery itself and let that be a beginning to keep losing. Especially since I'm hoping to become a lot more active due to no more chronic pain, fatigue and bloating (the reasons for the weight gain to start with). I agree with some of the others that we should keep track of each other. Its great to have support and it would help with motivation if we have to fess up on here. Good luck to all you sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Weight Gain for afterwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz11206
I cant believe I found this site. I am having a supracervical hyster ( i dont know all the abbreviations yet) on Jan 12th. I am worried about so many things, especially my weight, I gained alot of weight due to stress and the huge fibroid growing as well. I have a few days until my surgery but I will also join the pact to get back on track and get healthy again.
That's great we will all get HEALTHY and FIT together. Yippee for the hystersisters!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-10-2006, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoD
I was so excited at the thought of losing my huge uterus that I was really motivated to leave the hospital with a weight loss. I wallked on my treadmill everydayfor 2 months for 30 min. at a minimum speed before surgery and had lost about 15 pounds before I went in. Then in the hospital I lost about 4 more. I was on a liquid diet at the hospital plus when I got home the only thing that really tasted good to me was hot tea. Through all the tests before surgery I found that my thyroid was pretty much non functioning and so I am on life time meds for that and I think that really helped to kick start my weight loss. Today was the first day I tried a pair of jeans instead of sweat pants and even with my swelly belly they are just dropping off of me. Now I really have motivation to lose 15 more lbs.!! I am 4 weeks post op and I am going to start walking again this week. I am bound and determined not to gain it all back.
You got it going on girl!!!!!!! You keep it up SUPER CHICK. Good for you for getting in better shape before your surgery. That had to help your recovery. Your an inspiration You go girl!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2006, 06:57 AM

I have to say...I have been bad. I have been on WW for a few months and only have lost a few pounds. It seems like I am always bloated and puffy. Gave up the excercise too. Stress.... Although I am tall, I could lose 40 lbs..thus the WW.
I found out that I needed a TAH 3 days before the New Year. Much to say, I wasn't happy and have been an emotional roller coaster..not good for the diet. When Jan. 1 came around, I wanted to think differently this year.
My New Years resolution: It is time for me to take care of me for the health of me. Notice all of the me's.... It is my year to concentrate on getting better, quick recovery, better nutrition and getting those stomach muscles back into shape with the rest of the body. Thinking about meditation too with positive thinking.
We are all princesses and we can do it together! Looking forward to everyones progress reports in the near future. GOOD LUCK and LOTS of
Unread 01-11-2006, 07:58 AM

Hi all,
I will be 4 months post op this Friday. I only had my uterus removed for large fibroids so I am not an expert on HRT and weight gain. However, I still want to reassure all of you, if you just eat right and excercise you will be fine. After my surgery I met many people who did have the ovaries out with their hysterectomy and are doing well. One women lost over 50 pounds!
I think someone else said in another post to look at it as "a new beginning" and it really is. You are obviously doing this surgery from either pain, or some discomfort that will now be an improved, so why not improve your eating habits and excercise routine.
Good luck to all of you and while you are recovering and feeling better, make little goals (baby steps) for yourself when you get the OK to go back to your normal way of living.
Hmm, what is that saying...... JUST DO IT!
Unread 01-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Count me in!

Hey! Count me in on keeping in touch!
I am scheduled for a tvh on the 18th. Looking foward to having this over with.
I just started road cycling this past summer and was out riding my bike daily increacing miles as I went (before the snow hit I was up to 33 miles at a time) I am anxiously waiting to get healed and the weather to get better so I can get back to that 33 miles and beyone.
I also live close enough to work to walk, and when it is decent out I get the whole family out and we walk a look around town that is about 3 miles.
YEAH for the January Princes!

Jill
Unread 01-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Only Human

Don't beat yourself up. We are only human. You weren't really bad you just "strayed". Just get back on track again. I also found out right after Christmas. Happy New Year! But with the new year is new challenges. This year is going to be different then last. So out with the old and in with the new. Our surgery will get out the old and we will heal and and well will blossom into the new with are determination get in shape to be HEALTHY! Yippee for the hystersisters! I have been so encouraged with finding all of you! Thanks so much. TO THE FINISH LINE! We're all going to WIN. I believe it!
Unread 01-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiller

Hey! Count me in on keeping in touch!
I am scheduled for a tvh on the 18th. Looking foward to having this over with.
I just started road cycling this past summer and was out riding my bike daily increacing miles as I went (before the snow hit I was up to 33 miles at a time) I am anxiously waiting to get healed and the weather to get better so I can get back to that 33 miles and beyone.
I also live close enough to work to walk, and when it is decent out I get the whole family out and we walk a look around town that is about 3 miles.
YEAH for the January Princes!

Jill
Hey were just 2 days apart. I am the 16th for a TAH. I am anxious for healing as well. I have been at a lack for exercise because of my problems. But, I as well bike & run daily and do weights 5 days a week. Needless to say I haven't been running faithfully most of this year, just hit & miss because of my issue. Biking was good summer & fall. I just stopped my weights as of Dec. 20 due to lap I had that revealed my Chrismas present.... I made the mistake of trying to exercise last week. Here I am not doing anything. So I have been kinda bummed. But better days are coming. Lets overcome the obstacles together. Just another bump in the road. I have a feeling that we'll all be stronger and healthier than before. ATTITUDE IS ALTITUDE!
Unread 01-11-2006, 11:55 AM
count me in with January sisters!

I too have added the weight recently. I am scheduled for my TAH on January 19th also, and would love to get and give help with the weight gain fears! So count me in!
Unread 01-11-2006, 02:57 PM

You got it. It's great we can all be here for one another. What a team! This is going to be our year! Yippee for the hystersisters!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register