Too young for this! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Too young for this! Too young for this!

Unread 01-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Too young for this!

Hi Ladies,
I am brand new to all of this and I really think I need some help. A little history about me. . . I am 27, single, and no children. I went to my gyn for a normal checkup in Sept. of 05 and it has been a nightmare ever since. My doc informed me that my last pap in Sept. of 03 was abnormal and they tried contacting me by calling twice, then I was forgotten. I had never received any messages or anything, so needless to say, I went two years thinking everything was normal. My doc schedualed me for a colpo Nov. of 05 and that came back with signs of adeno carcinoma(sp?). I then decided to see a gyn oncologist and she schedualed me for a cone biopsy. The results of that came back invasive adeno carcenoma stage 1B, so I am now schedualed for a radical hysterecomy on Jan. 9th. I am feeling so many emotions right now and don't know if I will ever get through this. The worst for me is the fact that I always DREAMED of the day I would start my family and looked foward to being a mother. I just feel like I am too young to be going through this and really need some help. I guess I would just like to know if anyone else had to go through this that wanted children.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Too young for this!

Hi kbh27 and

We're so happy you joined the Hystersisters community! We have many members who share your same situation...and they have unlimited hugs to dispense to you at all stages of your journey to good health.

I suggest a couple of our specialty forums for your posts: Cancer Concerns, and Aching Hearts. You can access both of these from the main Forum Menu Page.

You can get through this. We will help you along the way.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 01-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Me, too!

I was just diagnosed with endometrial cancer (12/16/05). I am considerably older than you (I'm 40), but I did just marry for the first time (first time for both hubby and I) and we have no children. I always wanted them--I just needed the DADDY.

I am SO sorry for what you are going through. Hubby and I checked with Reproductive Endocronologist about harvesting eggs (before ovary removal) and freezing them or embryos with my hubby's sperm. Then we could look for a surrogate. I don't know how we would ever afford it. We are also considering traditional adoption. I am adopted (by my Father only) and that experience taught me that blood does not make someone a parent.

I hope you find comfort and support in the decisions you will be making. We must be as healthy as possible to care for ourselves and any others that wonder into our lives.

Many blessings and my thoughts are with you,
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Too young for this!

Hi kbh27.

I'm 28 and getting a lavh in march. I also haven't reproduced. Although I've never had any desire to have my own offspring, I do look forward to the day I can help an unfortunate child out via adoption, I know it's not the same, but is a possible option for your future.

The women on here are wonderful and supportive and I hope that they can help you through this time, I know they're helping me.

*hugs*
Unread 01-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Too young for this!

kbh, I'm so sorry you're faced with this, and in such a 'blind-sided' manner

When I was about your age and in the throes of infertility treatment, not knowing if I'd ever have a child of my own or not, I explored many other options. I learned that you don't have to give birth in order to be a parent. By the grace of God I was finally able to conceive with a great deal of treatment, but for 5 years, through large a network of online support, I watched many other friends build their families via other methods. Friends that I am still in contact with to this day. I have 'cyber' nephews and nieces from all corners of the world

Definitely look into having your eggs harvested. You might also explore the miracle of adoption. I'm a firm believer that there is a child out there for everyone.. it doesn't always come from your own belly

I can tell by your words you were meant to be a mother, and you absolutely CAN be. How and when that will happen will fall into place when the time time is right, and it will all become clear to you. Right now is a time to look after you, and get done whatever is necessary to treat the carcinoma.. and time is of the essence.

Hang in there
Unread 01-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Too young for this!

My heart goes out to you.
I can only imagine the confusion , fear and doubts you must be going through. InAustin said it so well. Blood does not make someone a parent.
I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you find answers and mostly peace of mind.
Best Wishes,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register