Help with fear | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help with fear Help with fear

Unread 01-08-2006, 02:26 AM
Help with fear

Dear Sisters,

I not only have fear but so do my children adn husband!!! I had a right ovary removed 2 years ago and all most died. It was sent home after and then went bacl via ambulance the next afternnon becasue I was bleeding internally but, that is not where it stopped ended up with bi-laterial multi blood clots in my lungs!!! This lead to ICU and heperine whcih lead to an other internal bleed!!

So my children afaird will wget really sick and spend almost 5 weeks away from home had surgery thaat time 3 times in one week!!! I will just deal with my fear my my girls are very scared they 12, 9, 3 and I stay hoemwith them and they are dependent on me!! How do I help them before I go to the castle> I trold my doc I needed to be sched. for early moring so I can see them off to school!! This will help me but I worried !!

Well maybe now I will try and sleep again!!! THANSK FOR ALL THE INFOR THUS FAR IT HAS RELLY HELPED!!!

Pink tulips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 03:22 AM
Help with fear

I don't know of anything I can say that will help as we are all going through the same things here. I wish you all of the blessings that God has to offer and big giant HUGS!!!!!!!!!!

You are not alone.
Unread 01-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Help with fear

I can just imagine how frightened you all are

Have you spoken with your doctor about your fears and your past experience? If you trust your doctor and the hospital to do the best they can for you, have you told your family that? Fear can be debilitating and immobilizing. Sharing those fears with someone other than your family can sometimes help you find balance :balanc: between the fear of what may happen and the good that's going to come from your surgery.

Please remember that we are all here to help one another I hope you can find peace before your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Help with fear

Well, I can understand that you all have certainly been through a lot. My kids and I have seen each other through some tough medical problems, too. My kids are afraid for me to have this operation and what I keep saying to reassure them is that the doctors are going to take very good care of me, just like they did when they saved our lives before. I tell them, too that we are very fortunate to live in a place where we have access to this kind of medical care. I also tell them that even though I'll need to rest for a while, when I have recovered I will feel so much better and we'll all be better off. I tell them that I feel really fortunate that the problem was identified and now something can be done to take care of it.

I think that you should make your best effort to at least act like you're confident that you'll be OK, and you should reassure your family that the docs know what they're doing.

I told my kids that waiting is worse than surgery, because you're asleep during surgery. I also told them that, in lieu of balloons and flowers, all I want is a home made card and a cup of decent coffee when they come to see me!

You'll be OK. Don't worry. In fact, when you recover, you'll be better than you are now! Isn't that a lovely thought?
Unread 01-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Help with fear

Dear one,
You have the love from your family that is a stong medicine! try to eat well and be pampered, i'm sure with 3 girls they will have ideas. I go in on the 11/1, and I'm worried too.
But we might as well try to smile. It is hard, but think of the light. A very wise tibetan monk told me to breathe in all divine light, love and wonderful things and breathe out all fear,doubt,and lets say darkness like black smoke.
all the best, to you and everyone!
big hug,patrice
xxxooo
Unread 01-08-2006, 03:03 PM
I will send you wonderful peaceful thoughts...

Remember we are making our future right now. So be confident in the choice you made and have faith in the doctor you chose. You will be better and stronger after your surgery it will just take time. I do understand the fear having little ones too. I just know I am going to be a better Me once it's over. I'm sending you lots of healing energy especially to your family. Keep us posted on how wonderfully your recovering. Big HUGS to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register