What is a bladder tack? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is a bladder tack? What is a bladder tack?

Unread 01-08-2006, 07:59 AM
What is a bladder tack?

I have a problem with incontinence and the Dr. is going to address this during my LSH, however I am wondering how this will affect the healing process, if at all. Also had a great preop visit, printed out the questions from this site and took them with me. Thanks for the questions, couldn't have gotten that on my own. I have been reading alot about my surgery from books I got at the library. I am supposed to have a visit with the anesthesiologist sometime this week. Only 6 days to go. I am one of the lucky ones who gets bowel prep..... , and no food after noon on the day before surgery( Keep thinking I'm gonna be starving but probably will probably have butterflies), well, here's to a chicken broth dinner and Jello dessert Thursday evening. My stomach hurts so bad today, I am due to get my period anyday.WOOHOO!!, My last one...... I am so concerned about the hospital not calling to schedule the visit with anesthesiologist, everything is ready except blood work, ekg, etc....meeting with anesthesiologist. They want a medical clearance due to my High Blood Pressure. Anyway, Thanks to all the sisters, I can't wait to get to the other side, and help others. I see alot of sisters with dates close to mine, hope we all have no situations...........Happy Sunday. Ready for my last week, I don't know what happened but a calm has come over me, and I'm hoping it will last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 10:27 AM
What is a bladder tack?

{{Mary}} Many women here have had a bladder tack as part of their surgery. Unfortunately, since I did not have this particular procedure all I can do is offer s and good wishes for your recovery and bump you up the list in hopes that one of our wonderful sisters out there can help
Unread 01-08-2006, 01:16 PM
What is a bladder tack?

Hi, I am having a possible bladder tack, but definitely a bladder sling. I already had a bladder tack before. That is where your bladder has fallen and it needs to be tacked back in place (that's just an easy way to remember it). Anyway, my doctor says if he has to tack it before the other surgeon puts it in a hammock sling, I will have to have a catheter for 5 days therefore taking it home with me due to swelling of the bladder. I didn't have to take it home before so that is probably due to scar tissue I would imagine. Then we have the lifting restriction for the rest of my life is 20 pounds. That is going to be a major life change. But if your doctor does address the bladder and puts on a weight restriction, do listen because it will ruin the repair if you lift more and you will be back in again and you don't want that. I don't remember them telling me 20 years ago a weight restriction but that had to have been what damaged my previous surgery.

Best wishes to your stay in the castle and see you on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 05:42 PM
What is a bladder tack?

Good Luck to you, I see your surgery is tomorrow. Hope to hear from you soon....And thanks for the information...
Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register