Shaving Legs..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shaving Legs..... Shaving Legs.....

Unread 01-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Shaving Legs.....

Okay -

Silly question - but when were you Princesses able to shave your legs after surgery?!?!?

I will shave mine the day of surgery TAH, but being blessed with nice dark fast growing hair (insert sarcasm here...)- it will be right back and irritating by day 2. Hair removal creams don't work - hair is too thick and stubborn and I can't spend $$ for laser hair removal.

As I was thinking about it - shaving legs requires bending over and might be uncomfortable and maybe not even to smart to do too soon after surgery.

Is this a real concern or am I just worrying too much as the day approaches?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Shaving Legs.....

I had mine on a Tuesday and shaved my legs on Friday. I can't stand not too. I did fine. You may want to play it safe and ask doc. The big thing is not falling in the tub or shower.
Unread 01-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Shaving Legs.....

Hello Pink Princess,
I know I am probably going to be in the minority here, but I was able to shave my legs three days after surgery. And I DID! I would not worry too much about it... they will give you good drugs and that should take your mind off if it some. I WAS prepared to get my DH to shave them if it came down to it... I am SO GLAD I didn't have to resort to doing that!

Good luck Princess!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Shaving Legs.....

Oh, Spasmo, you should have! I had DH shave my legs on day three and we both enjoyed cuddling after. He's such a Teddy Bear!

I too have the dark hair and get five o'clock shadow at about three PM. Good luck with whatever you chose to try, Pink Princess!
Unread 01-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Shaving Legs.....

I am afraid he would have wanted to do some sort of mowing pattern like he does on our lawn...
Unread 01-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Shaving Legs.....

ha ha ha! I do remember my husband shaving my legs before - I forgot about that!! It always ending up leading to other things.......

Thanks for your reponses - you gals make me laugh!

So far sounds like it might not be an issue - maybe I could use a Grabber so I don't have to bend!!
Unread 01-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Shaving Legs.....

I DID think about using the grabber... I was sort of dissapointed that I never needed to use that thing. I now chase the dogs (and DH) with it...
Unread 01-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Shaving Legs.....

My mother shaved my legs for me. She has one of those electric razors for women that you can dip in water or use dry. It was a life saver. She shaved the lower legs and I shaved the upper part of my legs. It isn't a close shave, but sure better than having long hair or short stubby hair sticking to you.
Unread 01-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Shaving Legs.....

Spasmo, you are too funny! The problem is that dh shaving my legs always leads to things that we are not allowed yet. (Hopefully only 2 more days without. Post op visit on Tuesday)I was able to shave my own legs 5 days post op. I took pain meds about a half an hour before I got in the shower. Luckily the shower has a bench type thing so that I can pick my leg up instead of trying to bend over. You just need to be really careful not to pull anything. Good luck.
Unread 01-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Shaving Legs.....

I am pretty sure that my DH shaving my legs would not lead to anything other than EXTREME LAUGHTER! I can just picture me telling him the "right way" to shave legs and him trying to argue with me about it and the whole thing leading to so much laughter that I would bust a stitch!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register