Why bleeding 8 months later? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why bleeding 8 months later? Why bleeding 8 months later?

Unread 01-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Why bleeding 8 months later?

Hello,
I thought I was finished with problems, but here I am back again. In December (8 months post-op) I had a gush of blood one day, followed by a couple days of spotting. Then had spotting again a week later. The DR that did my surgery is out on some sort of long-term leave. I've been to another DR twice. He had me do the tampon test, and the blood is on the bottom (string-end) of the tampon. The DR did intensive internal exams both times, did urine test, trans-vag ultrasound and CT scan, but he can find nothing wrong. Of course the bleeding doesn't happen when I'm in his office! At this point, he says he is at a loss. Has anybody else experienced this? Is it safe just to wait and see?
Ashley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2006, 06:46 PM

s Ashley

I'm really sorry to hear you have to deal with this. I'm sure it's kind of scary.

Just an idea: I was surfing around a couple of days ago on this site and read a post that a member about the same time post op as you had the same problem. She went to her Dr. and he said it was still a stich left over from surgery which was just now getting "expelled". Sounds weird, but true story!

Maybe you could mention that to your Dr. and see what his opinion on that might be. Hope you find some answers soon. Keep us posted.

Unread 01-17-2006, 11:24 PM

Dear Ashley,
I also had a TVH and am experiencing bleeding that varies from spotting to full-on abnormal/excessive bleeding and I am almost 7 months post-op. i spent Saturday night in the local ER as a result of my Dr not returning my calls all day. I finally could not bear the pain or fear anymore and went. The excuses my dr has given me have run the gamut from a leftover stitch to granulation tissue to who knows? The ER doc was just as bewildered as my urine and blood tests all were fine and the 2 ultrasounds they did just showed ovarian follicular cysts of which did not seem to concern them. Today was the first full day that I have not had to use a pad but i still spot when I wipe after pee. I am going to see another dr tomorrow but was wondering if you have found anything out as this post is a few days old and I am brand new here. Any advice or answers are greatly appreciated. If you have not done so, I suggest that you see a doctor too ASAP. The ER doc told me he is very concerned and sorry he could not give me some answers. Hoping you are doing ok.....tami s. in florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2006, 08:51 AM

I had a very bizarre experience this summer. I was at that time about 1 1/2 years post op. I never had any spotting at all with my hyst, and then after all that time had bright red blood. I don't take any hormones and do have vaginal dryness. My best guess was some kind of irritation or something. Anyway, I got checked a couple of weeks later and everything was normal. My doctor didn't seem to really believe me...asked if it was from rectum etc. and it was not. I've had no recurrence. Maybe there was an old stray stitch in there. Best of luck to all of you having this same sort of thing.
Unread 01-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Post-op bleeding

I am 6 months from my LAVH. I have bled 3 times since September. Each time my OB/GYN doc went in and silver nitrated some granulated tissue that was growing. This past time (last week) he put a scope in there so I could see. I have tissue (with lots of cappilaries) growing from the vaginal cuff. After intercourse or exercise the cappilaries will bleed. He used the silver nitrate again but said he may want to use a laser as an outpatient surgery to get rid of it if it returns again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register