Tomorrow Is The Big Day! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow Is The Big Day! Tomorrow Is The Big Day!

Unread 01-09-2006, 06:52 AM
Tomorrow Is The Big Day!

Hey everyone!Tomorrow is my day. Im kind of confused at what will be going on tho. As of Friday my insurance is not paying for my surgery and they say that its not medically necessary. I had another exam on Friday, i had a cyst burst on Thursday. They sent more of my records in so something may change today? The insurance company wants me to get a diagnosis first. The Dr. said to plan on something happening tomorrow and prepping for a hyster. He says that if the endometriosis isnt that bad he will burn some of it a way. But if its so bad or if he finds other problems, and sees that i do need the surgery he will do it right then and there. Im just scared of not knowing whether im going to wake up with my parts or not?? Also, i need an opinion- I talked with him Friday about my cysts and if i keep my ovaries will it stop the cysts, he said no. I have trouble with my right ovary and cysts. When they burst it puts me down for a couple of days and i just feel icky. Would it be wise to speak to him before doing the surgery maybe about getting rid of that ovary?If i am going thru with all this i think i would like to have the right ovary go bye bye!!!What would you all think?
Im going to keep busy today, trying not to think about food/surgery/nerves...
Amber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2006, 07:01 AM
Tomorrow Is The Big Day!

((( Amber ))), bless your heart, I'd be confused and nervous too.
I like to know ahead of time what to expect. Maybe, as you're so uncertain, postponning the surgery until you know more might be an option for you? Maybe it would give you time to ask about your ovary and learn more about the insurance issue. Just an idea

Best wishes.

S
Unread 01-09-2006, 07:17 AM
Tomorrow Is The Big Day!

The not knowing would make me nervous too!!!! To me, if you are that nervous, I would have more discussions with your doctor, but, if you trust your doctor, I would hope that he would make good decisions for you........I can't see a dr. giving you a hyster. unless you really need it............Or, if you are toooo unsure, get another opinion!!! My prayers and best wishes to you!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Tomorrow Is The Big Day!

I Had mine 3 1/2 weeks ago. Dr. was only going to remove left ovary due to complex cyst but said perhaps may need to do more when she got in there. She could not answer questions like recovery etc...because she needed to SEE what was going on in there...which makes sense. I was crazy not knowing the outcome but fully understood the possibilty. I was so hoping for only the left ovary due to xmas/hopes of skiing etc. After 30 minutes in surgery, Dr. came out to my husband and explained there was severe endo...and if she left the right, good ovary in..she would be back in doing surgery in 8 months to remove it. Hubby knew I was o.k. with removing it all if need be. Dr. Said the remaining ovary would continue to feed the endo and cause more problems...when I woke up...I was so glad it was all out...so glad it was over...and so glad Dr. took photos and explained to me the why part. It was great that I actually didn't choose the hyster...it was obvious when she got inside. The uncertainty prior to the surgery was a bit overwhelming. Its great to be on the other side...although now I have all kinds of other issues to explore/learn about.... hormones, etc. Glad its over and glad there is hystersisters! Good Luck tomorrow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register