What is/was the worst thing . .. - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is/was the worst thing . .. What is/was the worst thing . ..

Unread 01-12-2006, 08:50 PM
What is/was the worst thing . ..

My periods meant two boobs that felt like swollen bruises for about 3 days prior to the period's first day. My periods meant VERY heavy bleeding the first 10 - 12 hours (to where standing up was risky), then a trickle for 4 - 5 days. My periods meant a headache that sometimes reached migraine intensity, but which always lasted from the day before through at least a day or two after the last day of the period. My period meant horrible cramps and nausea. My periods meant that I didn't have a single pair of panties that didn't have stains on them.

I'd have to get my DH and DS to testify to the irritability situation! I'd say I was an angel, but then I might get corrected.

All that is behind me, and you know what? I just realized that a miserable lower right back pain that I'd had for years and which was there ALL THE TIME is gone. Must've been related to my now-removed tissues, and I didn't know it. Kind of a "bonus" to get rid of that!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2006, 09:44 PM

The pain. The being in the middle of a busy ER shift and having to run to change pants and/or sit down and put my head between my knees to keep from passing out from the PAIN. Being clammy and sweaty and nauseous from the PAIN. Yep it's worse than labor - all the way to my knees. Pain is as bad as late labor but worse because at least in labor you get a break from it every minute or two before it comes back...this holds on for hours. Like a large steel vise grip clamping down on my insides, gripping tighter and tighter and scraping down until I sweat and then gripping tighter....the flooding, the diarrhea, the PMS to the point that I have learned not to make major decisions because my view is too clouded- and to check the calendar for that. I have resigned from jobs during "those" weeks. The staying home rather than going out and risking a cramp hitting, the embarrassment from leaking feminine products, the whole nine yards. The constant feeling that there is something swollen and quivering and tender inside. The constant left side ache. Can't go to the gym regularly because my period interrupts that too. Hurt too much, feel too tired to hit that treadmill or try to do anything physical. Having my bathroom look like a crime scene with every tampon change. I'm with one of the above posters about sleeping on towels, I don't let anyone help me change my sheets because of the bloodstains on the mattress pad that no amount of Oxyclean or bleach will get out. I am looking forward to buying NICE new bedding, NICE panties, and not worrying about them being messed up after one wear. I am looking forward to throwing away all my "period clothes" and not buying only red or black sheets because the blood doesn't show up as much on them.

I am so thrilled that I have had my last ungodly period. I might hit PMS in the next week before my surgery, but I should be just before "starting" again. I am going back blonde tomorrow, getting rid of these problems in not quite two weeks....this new year is bringing a new lease on life...in just the first month!

As for returning to work...I have no choice but to return after one week (that's all the PTO I have and I'm single) BUT fortunately I have a telecommuting case management position that allows me to work from my bed or couch (ER is now part time and my manager is aware I'm going to be out of commission for awhile) and a manager who tells me to go ahead and take care of myself as soon as possible. I had a job once where I couldn't get time off for a TOT sling because my boss wouldn't let me off to have it done. So we're killing two birds with one stone here. I have already bought lots of phone cord and connectors to move the business phone and laptop (on dialup) wherever in the house I need them to go. Since I work from home I have flexibility in what I do, and if I need to work in spurts, then that is what I can do. I figure if I can lay up on pillows and play on my own laptop to keep myself entertained, I can do a little work on the smaller, lighter one my company provides.
Unread 01-20-2006, 02:31 AM

Pre-op here. Definitely the pain is the worst. 2-minute contractions (how I imagine labour pains to be), vomiting, diarrhea, fainting, the backache, the aching front of my thighs, the migraines, for days on end, 3 weeks out of every cycle. No painkillers touch it, being on the Pill didn't help. I've been practically suicidal over this. It's been so bad in the past I had an out-of-body experience. So can't wait for it to all be over - 25 years of it is enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2006, 06:17 AM
glad it`s gone for GOOD!!!!!!!!!

For me it was the HEAVY,HEAVY (and I do mean HEAVY!!!!!!!) bleeding;which lead to very bad anemia.........which lead to no energy or ambition to live my life to the fullest......and the horrible mood swings.......cried CONSTANTLY or was a horrible witch to everyone........... PRAISE the LORD those day`s are BEHIND me now (((((HUGS))))) and best wishes to all you ladies in waiting pretty soon it will all be nothing but a memory for you too!!!!!!!
Unread 01-20-2006, 07:59 AM
Where Do I Start?

This is easy to answer because I'm experiencing my last one right now - PAIN (back, legs, stomach, and rectal), moodiness, wearing more than 1 pad which leads to expense, clots, and just feeling run down. Thank goodness Monday is right around the corner....
Unread 01-20-2006, 06:14 PM

I understand what you ladies are talking about. I 'm so tired of it I just don't know when the pains are going to come. They just hit, sometimes hard, or just there all the time. My moodies are up and down, my periods Just feel yucky sometimes hard and painful, lots of clots. My last one was really bad.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register