Starting to get very sharp and seem to have NO patience! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Starting to get very sharp and seem to have NO patience! Starting to get very sharp and seem to have NO patience!

Unread 01-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Starting to get very sharp and seem to have NO patience!

UGH! It's starting to hit me. I have awhile to go and it's creeping up so fast. I am noticing more and more I don't have any patience, I am getting upset with kids and dh over every little thing. I don't want to clean when I know I will feel so much better if I do. I guess this is just nerves? I chewed poor dh out today because he said something about going back to work 2 weeks after my surgery. Most dh's can't get that time much time off, if at all and I know it. I'm very lucky he can. And he is the best. I guess I just felt like he wasn't taking it too serious or something. Making light of it, if you will. All I know is there was a panic that went through me when he said 2 weeks- will I be ready to take care of it all in 2 weeks?? Sorry I'm venting here! Thanks for reading - if you got this far!lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2006, 06:46 PM

I understand what you are saying. What some consider to be "simple things" seem to set me off at work and at home too. I know it's "just stress" we are under and I guess we all need to remember to breath, but it's hard when we are trying to keep everything going AND face a life changing event. I don't know about you, but it does make me feel better to see that I'm not the only one experiencing similar emotions, fears and concerns. I think we are normal for this situation (tears and all) and soon we will be the normal we remember...before all of this. Hang in there!

Peace,
Unread 01-09-2006, 07:46 PM

This is the best place to vent!! No need to be sorry!! So many here know exactly what you are going through. My DH loves to joke and tease, and he occassionally makes a blunder where my feelings are concerned too. I think it's a "man thing." He turned out to be my best support during my recovery. Sounds like you have a good guy too...probably just trying to lighten the mood? Anyway, I tried to put my "nervous energy" to use by making lots of preparations around the house. I kept looking at surgery as a chance for a new beginning, and I tried to concentrate on all the good things I would be able to do for myself and the ones I love when I had my health back again. It helped me to overlook the occassional rudeness/awkwardness of others. Know that I'm cheering for you...you're in the home stretch. Take loving care of yourself now and after surgery. You'll be in my prayers. Let us know how you're doing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2006, 09:33 PM

Oh my gosh, I know exactly how you feel! I started crying today for no particular reason as I was leaving the health club; right there in the parking lot! Luckily no one was close enough to notice what I was doing. I couldn't stop for 20 minutes straight until I got home and a friend called me and came over to calm me down. It is hard to realize as a wife and mother and most likely, the primary caregiver in your household, that you will have to let go of things for a while and let others take over for a time so you can heal. I found that I was overwhelmed with the thought of it all. Not only with my own surgery and recovery process, but thinking of my husband and my kids and stressing out over how they are going to manage without me in control. You just have to let your friends and family help out as much as possible and if they don't offer, ask! Sometimes people want to help, they just don't know how they can.

Good luck with everything. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Unread 01-09-2006, 09:58 PM

I'm with you ladies. I have been so sharp, impatient and demanding the past 10 days. My period is coming and then surgery. I must be nervous and worried. However, today I committed myself to being positive and not worrying about the surgery. It really helped and dh said I was back to the "old me." That person is so much nicer. Take care and God's blessings. We will be o'k and our families will somehow survive without us at our best for awhile. lol
Unread 01-10-2006, 06:06 AM

I totally understand what you are saying. It's taking everything I have just to function. I know we are all going to be ok. I just want this over with.
Unread 01-10-2006, 07:16 AM

Quote:
It's taking everything I have just to function. I know we are all going to be ok. I just want this over with.
YES, EXACTLY!!!! I am a total grouch and just so tired I am tired of being tired
Unread 01-10-2006, 07:31 AM

I so much remember the few wks before my surgery. NO ONE dared to cross my path
Gals, from what I can tell...all of you are right on track. Most from what I have read have gone through the emotional roller coaster for the few wks before the big H, we get so many emotions....anger, fear, sadness, confusion, ect. ect. ect., and that many emotions put into a woman at one time, I would say makes us (or at least me) a time bomb. I literally went off on my assistant manager about 2 wks before surgery, and I really couldn't even begin to remember what it was all about...all I know is it was like a explosion. Just appologize to whom ever you blow up at (if one is needed) and 9 out of 10 times, they understand about the stress you're under.

The day before my surgery I felt a complete calm, I was even joking with the nurses. The big A lady came into the area where I was "parked" and says "this is your cocktail"...I said "So this is the I don't give a **** drink?", and she said "yup, you wont give a **** about anything once you have this in your IV" And man o man, I didn't give a ****...My mom was in the waiting area with me, and I was just a babbling on and on As they were rolling me into the operating room, I told her I was feeling really sick to my stomach, and she proceeds to tell me she will put something in my IV for that and of course I had to say something stupid like "WOW you have something for everything" Then when I get in there I say "I remember that so called table that is more like a board that barely fits one butt cheek" and the last thing I remember is her telling me, "Yes, same table, and you're lucky, you get 2 tables for your legs too"

What this long post is supposed to get across is that most everyone goes through the emotional stage, but in the long run ladies it is so worth it...1 yr out and I feel like the woman I was meant to be, and able to do so many more things than before. Good luck to all the princesses in waiting
Unread 01-10-2006, 07:36 AM

Wow! I thought I was the only one going through this. I really havent been grouchy, but I have been impatient. It seems like the time is just creeping by and all I want to do is have this behind me. Best of luck to you. We will all feel better soon I'm sure. Take care! Melanie
Unread 01-10-2006, 07:50 AM

What helped me the most was cleaning the "weird stuff" blinds, windows, an early spring cleaning in closests....I got some sort of high of off it. Remind yourselves what you enjoy and continue to embrace it while you can. Enjoy being mobile 'cause pretty soon you'll be like me, mobile but I just can't get up and go where ever I want!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register