Will I feel less of a woman | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will I feel less of a woman Will I feel less of a woman

Unread 01-10-2006, 02:44 AM
Will I feel less of a woman

I am schedualed for Jan. 18, and as each day ends I feel like I will not be a women when I come out. We are given this womb to cradle life, and for some cosmic reason, I will never do this. Does that make me less of a woman. Has anyone ever felt like this or am I just too attached to my girly parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2006, 04:00 AM

I thought I would feel this way, but I didn't. Even though both my children died, and the hyster meant no more chances, I was fine. In fact, I can't take hormones either and I don't feel any differently than I used to.

Hang in there. The waiting is much harder than the procedure and recovery.

God bless.
Unread 01-10-2006, 04:35 AM
i also felt like this

Hi i am 10 weeks post op had TAH and bladder repair i did feel less of a women still do a bit but then i think about all the problems i had when i had my girlie parts that makes me feel more positive but i am sorry not to be having any more children just remember the feelings you get will fade good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2006, 05:51 AM

I became a princess in December. I tried to have children years ago, and those nasty fibroids would not let a kid invade their space. Finally, the fibroids took over and I needed to have surgery. I never had any kids. In all honesty, I don't feel less of a woman. I like my body now because I am no longer bloated with a big stomach. I am very spiritual and I feel like God does not with-hold anything from us that we are supposed to have. I believe in his plan for my life,which obviously did not include bearing children. I choose rather to concentrate on the fact that I am free of the un-ending periods and 22 wk. uterus.

Thank GOD!!!!
Unread 01-10-2006, 08:15 AM

Hi theenchanted,

I started having those darn fibroids a few years ago.... I did not want to loose my 'girly parts'
I had a D & C and also an ablasion<sp? surgery. In my case they kept coming back. After the ablasion <sp? they came back like someone put fibroid mirical grow in my uterus

First, I just had my surgery about 3 weeks ago. I feel just as much a women as I did before I had the surgery. (a bit tired at the moment.. lol new princesss here... )

I'm not sure why you are having your surgery? If it's not an emergency, you may look at other options to see if they are possible for you. I do understand how you feel. I was attached to my uterus, it was part of my body. That's how I felt....

I saw a pic. of my uterus after my surgery, no question mine had to go.

HUGS GALORE SWEET theenchanted
From another enchanted LOL who is still feeling like a women!
Unread 01-10-2006, 08:25 AM

Hi again...

I just read your profile, saw what reasons your facing the surgery.
I feel like a women and girly girl LOL after surgery.
Love & More Hugs!
Unread 01-10-2006, 08:46 AM

Honey, that is certainly an understandable concern! I think it is all in how you look at it. To me, my internal organs are not what make me a woman. I still look like me and I still feel like me. I can't tell my womb is gone. I do think about the fact that I am no longer able to even consider having another child, and it's sad. However, I know that I made the right choice for me because I HAD to do something to improve my quality of life! Living life with pain and worry about pains yet unknown due to endometriosis, as well as the fact that my uterus had betrayed me by making me miserable was NOT a healthy existence and certainly didn't make me more of a woman than I am now. I feel that I am a better woman now than I was before because I don't have the disabling pain anymore!!

My hair, eyes, lips, breasts, hands, vagina and fat thighs will forever make me woman!! You will be too! (not saying you have fat thighs, but isn't that SUCH a womanly quality? )
Unread 01-10-2006, 11:28 AM

You'll probably feel more like a woman and love your new found freedom.
Unread 01-10-2006, 11:41 AM

Gosh, you ladies are all so strong!!!! Great responses to this post!!!!! God bless all of you........As for my response to your post, I think you will be fine!!!! You are still a woman, no matter what......I am sure you are strong and being who you are and what you do, makes the woman that you are!!!! Best wishes to you!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register