8 Days till surgery and just came down with a sore throat. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 Days till surgery and just came down with a sore throat. 8 Days till surgery and just came down with a sore throat.

Unread 01-10-2006, 08:31 AM
8 Days till surgery and just came down with a sore throat.

Yuck. I just woke up with a sore throat and everyone at work has been sick. I did call my GP and I have an appointment today but I was trying so hard not to get sick before surgery. Way too much to do and oh yeah Auntie Flo is about to rear her head for the last time... oh what a day.
But my mother said I never do nothing the easy way. Always something different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2006, 10:06 AM

Hi

I'm glad you are seeing your GP about your sore throat. I hope you feel better soon and your surgery will go off without a hitch. in there and let us know how you're doing!

s, Deb
Unread 01-10-2006, 10:47 AM

I was sick the week of surgery. I rested instead of cleaning house because I knew I couldn't face going to the hospital only to be turned away and I knew the house could wait. I went to the doctor but wasn't sick enough for him to help so I just took some immune boosters and Nyquil and did lots of resting and drinking lots of fluids. I never had a fever and still had the cough on the day of surgery. The doctor said as long as my lungs were clear, I would still get to go through with it. All went well I hope it does for you too. Don't worry about it too much because worrying can make you get sicker by wearing you out. Take it easy!!

I wish you the best!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2006, 10:56 AM

I agree with Stacey, get lots of rest and try not to worry yourself.....that is hard to do !!!!!!!! You wil make it, just keep yourself well rested, and get lots of liquids, and hopefully you will be all cleared up by then!!!!! Best Wishes!!!!
Unread 01-10-2006, 03:08 PM

Okay just got up from nap. Decided to rest while I could. Dr said it was a sinus infection causing my sore throat but they did do a throat culture. Put me on antibotics(z-pack). said to rest and get lots of fluids.Should be just fine for surgery. lungs are clear... yeah so i will rest and not worry about house and stuff lucky for me dh is wonderful and will cook and clean and help me dd's are wonderful at taking care of mom too.

tah for heaving bleeding,pain and adnormal paps and possible lso due to dermoid
Unread 01-10-2006, 03:21 PM

Hi Missy68...I was trying hard not to get sick too and wouldn't ya know it I ended up w/tharyngitis...a funny form of sore throat and sinus mess. Anywho, I jumped on some antibiotics and so far so good. Crossing my fingers etc and waiting till Jan 17th!!
Unread 01-10-2006, 03:30 PM

yep i figured I would jump on it too. I don't want this surgery cancelled. I am tired of this bleeding and pain.
Unread 01-10-2006, 04:19 PM

missy68:
I woke up a week before my surgery with a sore throat, I called my family dr. and also put me on a z-pak. By time my surgery came, I was fine! I'm 6 days post-op!!
Good luck with your surgery!!
Deana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register