How do you show appreciation to your friends and family? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How do you show appreciation to your friends and family? How do you show appreciation to your friends and family?

Unread 01-10-2006, 09:39 AM
How do you show appreciation to your friends and family?

I'm going in to the castle on 1/20 and a group of my close friends are planning meals for my family for when I get out. They are also arranging carpooling for my kids and times to come over and help me with lunch and stuff. It is incredibly generous. I am not sure how to thank them. No one has ever done this for me before! I want to give them something to show them I really appreciate their kindness but I don't know what? Any suggestions? https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/new...ewthread&f=23#
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2006, 09:42 AM

There are so many things.......one easy thing is if you know what people like to eat, etc.....there are gift certificates for just about anything anymore......those are always quick and easy!!!!!
Best wishes to you!!!!!
Unread 01-10-2006, 10:32 AM

A hand written thank you note would probably be plenty. Maybe when you are back on your feet invite them over for a home cooked meal. Also, let them know that if they ever need you you will be there for them.

For my dh and dd's, I plan on buying them nice Valentine's day gifts and cards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2006, 10:38 AM

Leslee is right too, for sure!!!!!! I am not even sure what to do for sure yet either.........I figured I would wait and see who follows through on there word........but I know my dm & f will be watching my dd while I am in the castle, so I figured for people like them, a gift cert. but like Leslie says, a thank you card it good!!!!
Unread 01-10-2006, 11:44 AM

Well, My sister is coming in from Houston for a week to pamper me. I sent her a check to cover her week's worth of lost pay, gas money, etc. She callled me absolutely ecstatic. I know $ can be tight, and gift cards seem to be a great idea. I think all stores/restaurants carry them, from walmart to books a million. In that case, they can choose whatever they desire. It is hard to thank someone who is doing (or going to be doing) so much for you during your recovery. Also, since my sister is applying for a new job at at Pediatric office, I am writing a letter of reference for her caring nature and the job duties performed.
Unread 01-10-2006, 11:49 AM

I am also going in on the 20th. for a pvh, luckily I get to keep my ovaries. I am very happy about my mom coming to help to help for a few days but a little worried about after she leaves.
Unread 01-10-2006, 12:31 PM

I sent handwritten thank you notes. I have helped alot of people out thru the years, and really if your helping, your doing it out of the goodness of your heart. Remember one day they just might need you.
Unread 01-10-2006, 03:13 PM

The thank you notes that the Hyster Sister store sells are so adorable. I just mailed mine out yesterday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register