TVH Question - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-10-2006, 02:47 PM
TVH Question

Wendy,

I had not heard of Cenestin before my doc gave it to me. I did a search on the Hormone Jungle and found out it is made of Yams and Soy Beans, unlike Premarine which is made from Mare Urine. Cenestin containes only Estrogen. Also, noted it is a very safe choice and not the type of HRT that got all of the negative press from past studies. My doc told me she could bump up my dosage if necessary, but as the days go by it seems like the 0.625 might be ok for me.

I am so glad it is working well for you! After a rough few days following surgery, things have seemed to stabilize and I am feeling pretty human now.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2006, 02:59 PM
TVH Question

Hi
I had LAVH and I did have a bit of swelly belly, there is gas to start with and then i have definaitely been swollen since. I have been told that fluid goes to the belly area what ever type of hyst you have.
Hope that's helpful. Maybe it's worse with TAH??
Unread 01-10-2006, 03:58 PM
TVH Question

Glad to hear your healing well. Thanks for the info on Cesnestin. I did not know it was only estrogen. I hope all goes well for you.

take care
Wendy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2006, 05:14 PM
TVH Question

has anyone read suzanne summers book the sexy years and her take on hormone replacement? Just wondering.
Unread 01-10-2006, 08:31 PM
TVH Question

gmcm,
In answer to your very first question...yes, you can get swelly belly with a TVH/BSO. I did buy the granny panties, and thank goodness for that! My belly would swell up by evening...then in the morning it would disappear...then by evening lol! It lasted for quite a few weeks. If I do too much, even now, 3 months later, it might pop out a bit.
Everyone is different...just thought I'd throw in my !
All the best on your upcoming hyst!
LL
Unread 01-10-2006, 09:07 PM
TVH Question

Hello y'all
I had a TVH on September the 26th and I have not had much swelly belly. I did buy some granny panties and I have not really needed them, but they are comfortable, and I would get them just in case.

Good luck y'all!
Unread 01-10-2006, 09:16 PM
TVH Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcm402
Do you get "swelly belly" with a TVH or is this just something related to the abdominal incision needed for a TAH?
Hi Cara

I had TVH, and was swollen like 6-months preg when I came home from the hospital. I wore sweatpants (no granny panties tho), and mostly I felt very bloated in my abdomen.

Hope this info helps
Unread 01-10-2006, 10:52 PM
TVH Question

I didn't get swelly belly. I wore the same size panties and jeans home as when I went in.

I brought along panty liners. I didn't have any discharge and I didn't need them.
Unread 01-11-2006, 03:51 AM
TVH Question

Okay, now I want my surgery to be like Lynda's. I am a thong wearer so there is NO WAY I will dress this bod in granny panties under any circumstances. The thong will be low enough if they end up having to do abdominal. Well maybe I ought to buy one a size bigger in case I am kind of swollen. Anyone else have any thong comments ... and I did find and buy the thong pany liners ... gotta use them now since they took me off the pill and I will never know when Flo is coming!
Talk soon ... debra
Unread 01-11-2006, 06:05 AM
TVH Question

I DID resort to going commando instead of the granny panties... The granny panties were just cracking me up each time I looked at them!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register