TVH Question - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-11-2006, 06:53 AM
TVH Question

I am a thong wearer and did buy some granny panties just in case I needed them, mostly in case I had to wear pads for any discharge. Thankfully, I had no discharge and was able to wear thongs. I actually found thongs more comfortable to wear then the granny panties. The thongs are low enough not to bother the incisions (I had a LSH).
After wearing thongs I can’t stand wearing regular panties any more. One reason I hated having my period was I had to wear regular underwear because I had to wear big pads for extra protection. I always felt like I had a diaper on. But no more, nothing but thongs everyday now.

Good luck to you all on your surgeries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2006, 07:36 PM
TVH Question

I had a vaginal hyst and had a swelly belly when I came home from the hospital. It was signficant for the first week but there was still swelling that my doctor noticed when I went in for my 2 week post-op. I also had a spinal. I too was afraid of a spinal but had one 2 years ago with foot surgery and it went fine. So, I opted for it again with this surgery. The anesthesiologist said it would help prevent immediate abdominal pain. He was right. I didn't start having ab pain until the next day.

gmcm402, although not a runner, I'm an avid cyclist and am always eager, sometimes too eager for my own good, to get back on my bike after an injury. But, this isn't an injury. This is major surgery although it will be invisible to you, as it is to me, without the abdominal incision. That's where those of us who have a tendency to want to "stay in shape" so badly that we can cause more problems by getting active too soon. I'd be afraid of the jossling around that running will do. My doc said it was ok for me to get on my bike after 2 weeks but I'm in my family room hooked up on a trainer riding in my easiest gears. No bouncing around and no straining. I find that riding that easily for about 25 minutes, then putzing around leaves me positively exhausted by mid-afternoon. And, I'm at 4 weeks...

Take it easy post-op and know that, being fit going into this, you'll easily get back in shape after you've let your body (and mind...) heal.

Good luck and let me know how it goes...
Unread 01-18-2006, 03:57 AM
TVH Question

thanks for the excellent info on the bike. I am an AVID spinner and swimmer and weight lifter. I know I will have to go easy on the weights but to know I can PROBABLY (based on what my doc says) get back on a bike will help my mind a lot. Here's to speedy recoveries for all. Off to spin class now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2006, 04:48 AM
TVH Question

I had a TVH and also had swelly belly.Everyone is different, I think it's best to prepare just in case.Good luck to all you sisters with your surgery date just around the corner.Think Positive!!
Unread 01-18-2006, 09:11 AM
TVH Question

I was thinking the same thing, Debra.... I want my surgery to be like Lynda's! I am a thong wearer, too, and I was also wondering if you get swelling with a TVH. I had a c-section last year, so I have some really low-cut ones that are really comfy that I wore after Emma was born. My surgery is before yours, so I will let you know how it goes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register