Surgery for me tomorrow! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery for me tomorrow! Surgery for me tomorrow!

Unread 01-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

i had a catheter with my c-section but i don't remember any problems with putting in or taking it out so I'm not too worried about that...unless they have changed how it is done since '86.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

Man I want the surgery shes having (that goes to Sarah) I go next Tues. and I keep feeling like I should be more nervous. I wouldn't worry about the catheter issue, had them with deliveries before and really no big deal. Plus you get to sleep through the night without having to get up to go to the bathroom. You will do great Jan and we will all be sharing our success stories after we vacate the castle. I say let the loved ones pamper you for a while we all deserve it. Best wishes and I will send you some wonderful Reiki energy;0)
Unread 01-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

I am very lucky, i have not had a bit of problems, and I thank the Good Lord for that... Someday I feel like I had no surgery- Yea i do have some swelling and I dying to get in my jeans, but that i can wait, I work from home for my company; i am able to sit infront of computer screen all day, what a joy. I wore sweat pants to my kids bowling tournement, and we went out for supper the other night. I can tell i have lost weight, and I am not bloating anymore ( no more lupron) I am just waiting for our vacation in 58 days.
Good luck with your surgery. Everyone is different and comes out differernt. My doctor said that this was one of the easiet he had to do in a long time. I knew what to expect and I had to prepare myself for this, but with a great wonderul husband, 2 great kids, and great job I have made it. Just be patient it will be great and worth it all
Keep us posted
Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

Good Luck girlfriend. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well as all the ladies going in tomorow. Big hug and deep breaths. As I read the postings, this is a good thing and a new start. Please feel free to keep in touch. I would love to here how it went and how you are feeling afterwards as I am due to have mine in 2 weeks.Take care Jilly
Unread 01-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

lizzabee i go in on the 16 too good luck lets hope for a quick surgery and a speedy recovery liberty gal
Unread 01-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

Good luck, we'll all say a prayer for you. I go in on Wed. the 18th. ::deep breath:: ::exhale:: I'm sure it will all be okay!!

Unread 01-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Another one going tomorrow Friday 13th

I am going tomorrow as well. LSH. 40 yrs old - Multiple large external fibroids, fibroid uterus, ovary cyst. Doing my prep now. Packed my bag, I am first thing in the morning. Hope everyone else has a good surgical experience. I am looking forward to life without this. Dr. said probably drop a pants size or two due to fibroid sizes. Hope I can sleep tonight.
Thanks for everyone's posts. Answered lots of questions for me.
I gave my dr. the lyrics to the song "I want a hysterectomy for Christmas" to the tune of "I want a hippopatumus for christmas" He had never seen it - thought it was funny. I said I heard about it here and told him this site is good for patients to look at.
Good luck all.
njdb44
Unread 01-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

Hi Everyone! I had my surgery on Wednesday and today is Sunday. I haven't had any pain to speak of since my surgery and have't really taken very much pain meds. I just haven't needed them! I was able to walk around the hospital the second day without any pain. I am walking slower but I'm just trying to be careful to not over do it? Today I went to Target with my hubby to pick up some stuff he needed. I walked around for about 15 minutes. I felt fine but didn't want to over do it. My catheter was removed the next morning. I promised my doctor that if she removed it, I would walk. She was all for it! I had slight spotting... very slight, light pink for the first day and then really no spotting after that. Thank you sisters for all of your support and prayers. I know the Lord was with me! Jan
Unread 01-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

Alright Jan!! So happy for you. Keep us posted on your progress!!!
Debra (one month to go for me)
Unread 01-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

welcome back ! so happy to read that u r doing okay !!! U give us strength that it just might not be that bad !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register