Surgery for me tomorrow! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery for me tomorrow! Surgery for me tomorrow!

Unread 01-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

Good luck to my other sisters of the 16th. Tomorrow is Martin Luther King day, it's all about FREEDOM. We're going to find it. Prayers to all.
gadecko
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

I am three weeks out. Dont worry about eatting you really wont be hungery the first day. I remember how good the chicken broth and jello tasted though. That is about all you will want anyway. The catheter wasnt a big deal. It's nice not to have to make a lot of trips to the bathroom (because of IV fluids). If you are having a TAH you will be sore and it is hard to get out of bed at first. Good luck!
Unread 01-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

its sunday night tommorow is the big day 730 is my surgery hope all of us do great ill be thinking of all of you on the 16 wont be back till thursday or friday bye good luck god bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

So how are you girls doing post op? I go in this coming Tuesday and would love to hear your stories, thx so much!!!!!!
Kandi
Unread 01-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

My surgery was Dec. 1. I didn't have nearly enough information going into my surgery, but it sounds like your doctor has clued you in. About the eating... you probably will not want to... I didn't and when I did it was soups, jello, anything soft. Pain after, I had an incision and boy was the first week painful, but I have to tell you - get up as soon as they'll let you and begin to walk (with a partner and as slowly as you need to). I did and got on the treadmill - SLOWLY when I got home and it helps to work that soreness out. Be good to yourself and DON'T push it!
Unread 01-22-2006, 06:28 AM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

Kandi

Day 6 post-op for me. Feeling great! DH and I went to mall and grocery store yesterday! No naps since day 4. Walking alot, stairs not a problem. I go Tues. to get my staples out! I am physically active, so I think being in shape is a HUGE plus. My surgery was Mon. at 3:30pm and by 2:00am I was taking a walk! I walked 4 times on day 1 adding a little more each walk. I had no cathedar and my IV was removed by noon on Tues. I was home by noon on Wed. Dr. anticipated I would need a TAH, but I had an ALSO. I have been in the kitchen since I got home on Wed. getting meals. I did laundry yesterday, no lifting baskets, DH does that. Just have to squat instead of bending. I'm going to get BORED this week.... To prep for castle visit, I drank lots of water the day before surgery. I took a squish tummy pillow & neck pillow. For the shower trial size shampoo, cond, body wash, in-shower body lotion, a sponge mit & back band. This system worked great, lather up, rinse, lotion up rinse, your DONE!! Get a toiletry bag you can hang in the shower. I did not need to use the chair for showering. If you drop something in the shower, squat slowly and hold the bar. Take chapstick and throat loz, I didn't need. But just in case. I started a journal to track my progress. A clip on book light would be good if you get up in the night and want to read (instead of the bright overbed light). CD's & player. My family pics, bear and angel (for me bears comfort and angels guide). My friends got me a butterfly flashlight, I really used it too, checking my IV that night of surgery... Hand sanitizer or wipes would be a good idea too. I really haven't been in any PAIN, more achey/soreness. Moving around helps that. I am only taking ibuprofen when needed. When you get home try a chair next to the bed its great for helping to push up when you get out of bed. I have a body pillow I use in bed, I hold it on my belly and I squeeze it between my knees at the same time. It helps with rolling too! When I roll to my side I tuck the pillow on that side of my belly. For me it works GREAT as I like to lay on my sides. I got a chair ready for my shower, but I didn't need it. However, I was prepared for when I came home. I love the elastic waist fleece lounge pants. Wore them to the castle and been wearing them at home. Last but not least, be POSITIVE, you've done all you can do. Let go and have FAITH in your dr. God will take it from there. All sisters here will continue to give you guidance and support. It's the BEST!!! Since I found this site, it's like the blood that flows through my body! Here's a little song I kept singing to myself, "going to the castle and I'm gonna get better, going to the castle for health. going to the castle and I'm gonna recover and I'm gonna to be stronger you know." It's my remake of "going to the chapel". My DH calls me "twisted sister". Pack your humor!!

gadecko
Unread 01-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

I love your info and advice GADECKO!! Thanks!
Unread 01-22-2006, 08:03 AM
Surgery for me tomorrow!

Gadeko! Wow!! am sooo glad you posted this, thanks so much and I hope and pray mine goes as well as yours sweetie!! (am humming the little song this minute.. haha!!!) Great advice and I will follow every bit of it. You are a doll to take your time and write, thanks again and you'll be hearing from me post op!! God Bless and HUGGIES!!!! Thanks again! :-)
Kandi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register