Getting Anxious | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting Anxious Getting Anxious

Unread 01-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Getting Anxious

Hi everybody. I am new here and I am pretty nervous. I am scheduled to have a LAH on Feb. 2nd. I have chronic pelvic pain, lower back pain, anemia and heavy bleeding due to adenomyosis. I have been on every type of birth control pill and they didn't help. I chose not to take Lupron. I am 40 yrs. old and I have 4 children. I am hoping that I will feel good again after the surgery. I am tired of being tired and being in pain. As the date of the surgery approaches I am getting anxious. If anybody has any words of wisdom, I would love love to read them!!!
Thanks,
Lynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Getting Anxious

Hi Lynn,

It is very normal to be scared for any kind of Major surgery. I know I was and many other women are and were.
I also had Adenomyosis. I didn't know I did until the pathology report after my surgery.
Originally My surgery was to rid my cervix from dysplasia (pre cancer) I am 8 weeks post op and have had no real complications during ny hysterectomy or recovery. I do have hot flashes and I tire easy. I was tired before the surgery because of the heavy bleeding, but Im slowly getting better and better !
Keep coming here, it's been wonderful for me. The supprt and love you get here is hard to find anywhere else ! Best Wishes,
Unread 01-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Getting Anxious

I'm with you on the scared and nervous part. Won't it be great to get it all behind us and start feeling better? Keep the faith and stay positive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Getting Anxious

Hi Cararay. I am so glad you are on your way to feeling better!! Thanks for your response. I can't wait to have it behind me. Keep feeling better.
Lynn
Unread 01-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Getting Anxious

Hi String Bean. I really can't wait until it is all behind me. I feel better having a site like this to turn to. Even though I have a great support system, there is nothing like talking to people that really know what you are going through. Take care of yourself and I pray that you have a speedy recovery.
Lynn
Unread 01-11-2006, 10:21 AM
ME Too!!!!!

Me too!!!!!! I go to the castle Jan. 17 and I am getting more and more nervous everyday. I have said this before but... this site is truly a god send. I enjoy reading all the things from other women; it is very comforting. Also just knowing that I'm not alone. .
Unread 01-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Getting Anxious

Thanks and ditto on the speedy recovery. It is getting close! Please keep me posted on how you are doing.
Karen
Unread 01-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Getting Anxious

The surgery is easy, the recovery is what is a bit difficult! Take your pain meds every 4 to 6 hours, that helped me after surgery. Also be sure you eat a lot of fibrous foods to get your bowels moving regularly. I am 4 weeks tomorrow, and am feeling really great. Have the occasional pains, and swelly belly, but am doing really well. It will all go well for you ladies as well.

Sending lots of luck to you all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register