Smoking And Hrt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Smoking And Hrt Smoking And Hrt

Unread 01-11-2006, 07:40 AM
Smoking And Hrt

Are there any smokers who are also taking HRT? One of the reasons my dr refused to give me HRT is because I smoke and because of severe endo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Smoking And Hrt

I smoke but I don't take HRT. I have one ovary left and doing fine! I wish i didn't smoke though. I need help with that. Have tried many times to quit and always fail.
Unread 01-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Smoking And Hrt

Karole,
I see you kept one ovary just like me. However, my ovary isn't working at all. My hormone blood test indicates I am in full blown menopause and I'm having furious hot flashes and night sweats. Did you remaining ovary kick in right after surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Smoking And Hrt

Good morning !
I am a smoker and on HRT. I also had severe endo. My doctor didn't hesitate to put me on HRT. He never said anything about smoking and taking HRT. Did he give you a reason why? What would happen if you did take it and smoke? Please let me know what you find out.
SNSHINE
Unread 01-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Smoking And Hrt

Snshine,
The doctor told me that just like with birth control pills, smoking can increase the chance of heart attack with HRT.
Unread 01-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Smoking And Hrt

Oh, that is just WONDERFUL !! Now something else to worry about. Did you ever hear that HRT can cause endo to grow back?? I did. Not real happy about that. Guess I'll have to quit smoking now.

Thanks,
SNSHINE
Unread 01-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Smoking And Hrt

I was prescribed Wellbutrin right before my surgery to help stop smoking but I've been to scared to take it because I don't know what it will do to me and I don't like taking medicines.
Unread 01-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Smoking And Hrt

I DID hear the same thing abput smoking and hrt. After saying this, I am also on hrt and I do smoke. I also had my surgery do to endo. I am 32 years old and dr. insisted that I take hrt after the surgery.
Unread 01-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Smoking And Hrt

There are some articles about HRT in the Hormone Jungle articles, about managing menopause with or without HRT. You can find it by clicking on Articles/Resources at the tab on any Hystersister page. Then clicking on HRT resources/articles. There is a lot of information out there. If you go to the Hormone Jungle, and do a search on Smoking or Endo and HRT, you can read some other's opinions.

Good Luck
Unread 01-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Smoking And Hrt

Diamond1, No my ovary didn't kick in right after surgery. I had the night sweats... chills... hotflashes thru the day..... I'm thinking it was about 1 1/2 months to 8 weeks before it kicked in... That is why i take promensil... All natural herbs..... I still take it because it's heart health and breast healthy....... Dr. said it was fine if stayed on it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register