OK...someone remind me why I'm doing this again? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OK...someone remind me why I'm doing this again? OK...someone remind me why I'm doing this again?

Unread 01-11-2006, 09:34 PM
OK...someone remind me why I'm doing this again?

You deserve to feel better and have an improved quality of life. The "bad" that you are now used to is taking a toll on your health and most likely impacting those around you also. I have suffered for many, many years and when I got to the point that I could not walk with my children at the zoo this past summer I knew it was time to schedule surgery. I was a college athlete and am still in great shape but I was so very anemic I had no energy. I am scared to but know this needs to be done. Thanks for all you and hubby are doing for our country in the name of freedom and peace. We are all deeply grateful. Keep in touch and let us know how all goes!
K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2006, 12:44 AM

Thanks to you all!

With the time difference (I'm usually asleep when you are all up and awake) I woke up to all of your really thoughtful and comforting replies! To say that they have made my day is an understatement...You guys are all the best and it really does help to know that there are wonderful women out there who understand and care!

I feel truly blessed and privileged to a member of this very special community.

Thanks for the all the support for the military...but to be truthful it is me who has to thank all of you...Yes, it's a stressful time right now and we are all feeling the strain....it is harder than it has ever been (I'm a wife of a career-man ) But you, the American People, have made sure that we are all taken care of and I cannot complain! I feel overwhelmed by all the love and support and goodwill. It makes it easy to make little sacrifices when I know that it is in the name of such a great nation of people...

Ok...I have a million things to do...lots of cooking for my guys and the pre-op list of things to take to the hospital has inspired me to go shopping! (Like I need an excuse right? )

I feel better...and will refer to this post when that icky freak-out feeling comes over me again...

Also, I wanted to make a pledge to all of you out there that I will be a very good member of this site and am in this for the long haul...I'll keep posting and supporting and caring cause that's what you all have done for me!

Thanking the LORD for you all.

JElle
Unread 01-12-2006, 09:40 AM

Reasons why:

1. You won't feel tired any more.
2. You won't have to lug around a bag of tampons/pads.
3. When you are in a dressing room trying on new slacks, you won't have to make a "quick" check to see if you'd had an accident.
4. When you are in a public bathroom you won't have to stuff your pants full of toilet tissue because you are out of pads.
5. In the long run you really really will feel better.
6. You owe it to yourself, your family, your friends to 'be the best you can be".
7. Because it will finally stop hurting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2006, 09:54 AM

I grew up an Army brat (father retired when I was 18-yrs old) and am now married to AF Reserve (volunteer AD 3-yrs now and counting), so I can understand where you're coming from! Up until March of this past year when my brother moved here from France (his wife followed in August), the closest family we had were all of my in-laws a good 12-hr drive from us! I don't really have any close friends here. All of them live completely in other states and have lives & jobs of their own. I did have my best friend fly in during my second week post-op to help as the DH had to go out on a mission tho'....

I found this web site less than 2-wks before my surgery while researching hysterectomies. Best find. The support has been absolutely wonderful here and fantastic for those who feel isolated such as (we) you do. While we won't be able to help you physically, we'll be here for all the emotional support we can muster at a moments notice!!

While it's hard to relinquish control that we independent military spouses tend to have, it will be a necessity at least for a short spell. Let your active support take on as much as they can and while their methods may not be up to your expectations, just try to accept it and let it go.

Remember, the housework/chores will always be there, but you'll only get this one chance to heal right so take it!
Unread 01-12-2006, 01:26 PM

I am also going in on the 20th. The thought of the first few days is scary, but I am looking foward to the R & R, after the pain subsides.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register