Surgery is on Friday and I am a little nervous! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery is on Friday and I am a little nervous! Surgery is on Friday and I am a little nervous!

Unread 01-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Surgery is on Friday and I am a little nervous!

This has all went so quickly! I had my Annual visit December 13th. My Doctor referred me out, and I had my Appointment with the Doctor doing the surgery on the 28th. I was sheduled for the 20th, but with this period, I started having really bad back pain. He said that the only wasy he would prescribe anything strong was if I didn't work. I didn't want to sit home for a week and a half before surgery, so I asked if we could move it up a week. Being on the pain meds has helped a little with the stress too. The first night that I knew though, I slept all of a half hour.
I am trying to get everything done, even though I am hurting a little. I am also a little out of it. I am not as scared of how I will hurt after the surgery, but all of the what if's. I also am sad that there won't be any more babies. Has anyone had the fear that their husband will want to find someone else if he decided to have more kids? I know that's not the case but I have learned a long time ago that fear is not rational. It will be so nice not to have my period two weeks out of the month! I have to try to remember that there are positive things about this! For those of you who kept your ovaries, do you still feel(if you did)when you ovulate? I sometimes hurt so bad that it's worse than when I have my period. I also have a quetion for those of you on hormaone replacement. How does it comepare to the hormones in the pill? I couldn't take the pill because I am too sensative to it.( wicked witch from the west is nicer than I am on the pill) Last but not least, anyone with PCOS have their ovaries removed? Does it help? Sorry this is so long, and that I have so many questions!

Thanks,
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2006, 01:42 PM

Best wishes to you!!!! I can relate to everything you have said, I had the same thought about my dh, but I think we will be fine, he adopted my dd, and I have always left it up to him, if he wanted more......but we came to the decision with all the pain I am in, this is the best decision, and we can always adopt if we have different thoughts later!!!!! I can TOTALLY relate to the pain during ovulating.....I went through that pain yesterday, and it was worse than my last period!!!!!! But I can't answer the question about the ovaries, as they are taking both of mine due to endometriosis!!!!
Anyways, best of luck to you, and will see you on the other side!!!!
Unread 01-11-2006, 03:02 PM

Hi Donna and Barb!

I think I'm ready for Friday too! I'm feeling the nerves a bit now, but also looking forward to having this all behind me. My husband is very supportive and since he had a vasectomy 20 years ago, more children isn't an issue. Our boys are 22 and 20. I am 42 years old. I just returned from my pre-op tests (blood and urine), completed all my forms at Dr. office and I'm all set! A group of friends are taking me to a movie on Thursday night to keep me sane. Thank God for them. I can't take one more phone call from my Mom. She's a worrywart and makes things worse for me! I have a whole house to clean, but I'm not worried, I've hired a cleaning lady for the next 12 weeks!! LOL So, I will be thinking of you all in the next few days. Good luck and God Speed. Take care

Mar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2006, 03:25 PM

Good luck ladies! I can comment on the ovary question. I always had sharp pain when ovulating. They took my right ovary and tube and left the left one. I am about at the point where I'm ovulating for the second time since ther operation and I have not had that sharp pain so far. I always had severe breast tenderness from the day of ovulation until the first day of my period and I still get the breast tenderness at the same time. It just doesn't last as long. I am not taking any hormones. I hope this helps.
Tina
Unread 01-11-2006, 04:08 PM

Good luck to all my fellow friday princesses, I am so sorry the Dr. decided to bail me out for this Friday, and reschedule me for next Thursday, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you, Donna, Barb, Mar

Keep in touch, I'll be waiting to read your posts....

Mary
Unread 01-11-2006, 08:01 PM

I am scheduled for friday and am very calm. I met my surgeon today (we emailed an talked on the phone. Did preop today as well. Feel a sense of relief like my life will get better now. Good luck to all of you today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register