i have alot of ovarian cancer symptoms?? please help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

i have alot of ovarian cancer  symptoms?? please help i have alot of ovarian cancer symptoms?? please help

Unread 01-14-2006, 05:20 AM
i have alot of ovarian cancer symptoms?? please help

ok.. i'm not sure if i should post here,but i'm not sure where else to go.... i had a LAVH in 2003 for endometreosis and andomyosis. also fibroids and a cyst.. they left the right ovary in (the left one was destroyed bt endo) i had another surgery 8 months later for more endo and to repiar my vag. cuff. then a year later had yet another surgery to repair a cyctocele and grade 3 rectocele... i now been having for the last 2-3 weeks ALOT of right sided pain that runs down my leg,my back hurts, sometimes my whole abdomen feels heavy. now the last 2 weeks or so i'm soooo bloated, with a ton of indigestion.along with heart burn and gas!! i have no appitite at all and have lost almost 30 lbs.. i'm happy about the weight loos just concerend.. (i am on diet and watching what i eat plus i walk a mile a day with my dog) so i can't say the weight loss is a issue,but now i feel like if i eat a salad or a piece of bread i'm going to blow up!!!! it is soooo uncomfortable almost painful.. some days i can hardly breath.... i know ovarian cancer is a serious issue and my g-ma died at the ripe age of 55 of it.. so i do have a family history of it.. my appt. isn't untill the 31st. with the dr. and i plan on telling him these new symptoms.. i called yesterday to see if i could get in sooner and i was put on a cancelation list so hopefuly if i can get in early that will be good! how do i tell my dr i'm concerened about these new symptoms???? i'm only 31,but i know cancer doesnt have to happen when your old! will having endo increase my chances for cancer??? i have had it for alomst 10 years... sorry if this isn't the right place to post this i just don't know how to make the dr. be concerened as i am at this point!! thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2006, 05:58 AM
you are doing the right thing...

I know this is scary but you are doing the right thing. The best thing is to see your doctor. A dramatic loss of weight, the gas, the bloating, and the pain are not normal, but it doesn't have to be ovarian cancer either. Because of your past surgeries, it could also be scar tissue wreaking havoc with your body. Anyone who has had any kind of hysterectomy or repair as you have should be told that scar tissue can show up in the bowels, etc. and that could be what is happening.

Again, keep that appointment with your doctor. It is imperative. You are posting in the right place. Please keep all of us informed on your status.

We are sending hugs to you.
Unread 01-14-2006, 07:54 AM

s coffeelover

I'm sorry to hear you are having to deal with all of these problems. Yes, you have some of the symptoms of ovarian ca. But, as willtowin said, your symptoms can also be the cause of many other things.

Hopefully you will get called for an earlier appt. with your Dr. Be persistent with your Dr. Don't let them try to label you as having IBS or something similar. You should expect for them to at least order and ultrasound and a CA125.

Keep us posted on how you are feeling and let us know how your appt. goes with the dr.

and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2006, 09:40 AM

I just wanted to send some 's and well wishes. I agree with the others; absolutely be firm with your dr. in getting those tests done. I hope you get good news. Let us know.
Unread 01-14-2006, 04:23 PM

I too have nothing to add that hasnt' already been said, but I did want to send a to you because I know what the waiting is like...it's crazy!

Hang in there, and know that it really could be something other than cancer. Let us know how you make out.

xoxo

k9
Unread 01-14-2006, 04:52 PM

Hi,
I used to live in North Olmsted and now live in Parma. Where did you have your surgery? Mine was at SW General. I sent you an e-mail, but don't know if it went through.
Unread 01-15-2006, 09:05 AM

First of all, congratulate yourself on knowing the symptoms of OVCA, and contacting your doctor. Make sure he follows up and does not put you off, until he finds out what the cause of them is.

The waiting is always the hardest part. Think good thoughts, and remember that these symptoms can be caused by things other than OVCA.

Blessings,

Jeannie
Unread 01-15-2006, 12:27 PM

norwaylynn.wow where do you live in parma??? i live by great northern mall.... i had my surgereis at "the cleveland clinic... what a small world

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register