Anyone else having surgery 1/20 or only scheduled for one day in hospital? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else having surgery 1/20 or only scheduled for one day in hospital? Anyone else having surgery 1/20 or only scheduled for one day in hospital?

Unread 01-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks Ladies

Thanks ladies for your responses and support. Norskyll, Ollie 8569, and Lynn, I will be praying for you and your upcoming surgery. Keep me posted on your surgeries and recovery and I will do the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Anyone else having surgery 1/20 or only scheduled for one day in hospital?

I had a LSH/BSO and came home only a few hours after surgery. As soon as I woke up in recovery the nurse was there asking my pain level and giving me the relief I needed. Pain management was not a problem and I was happy to be able to go home the same day of surgery. By that evening I was hobbling around a little and by the next day a little more. 7 days after surgery my doctor released me for all normal activity, but I took it easy for many many weeks afterwards just to make sure I healed well from the very beginning.
Unread 01-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Surgery tomorrow, one day in hospital

Hi! I am scheduled for a total hyterectomy laprascopic-assisted vaginal TOMORROW. I'm trying to stay calm and just hang out tonight and rest.

If everything goes as planned, I will only be in the hospital 24 hours according to my doctor. He said that most of the patients he has who have this type of surgery make it out in that amount of time.

Good luck on the 20th.

skyblue06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2006, 11:45 PM

Wow! My dr said 2-3 days in the hospital and I am actually looking forward to that. I can sleep through anything including nurses, so I want to take advantage of someone waiting on my hand and foot for a couple of days. I would not want to go home that soon but I know a lot of people hate being in the hospital. Good luck girls!!
Unread 01-16-2006, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet85
Hello,
I am having surgery for possible endo/andenomyosis on Friday. If the doc finds endo will he be able to save one of my ovaries? I am planning on having laparascopic surgery and was also wondering if anyone else was only scheduled for one day in the hospital? I am not really too nervous yet about my surgery except for waking up from recovery in alot of pain and not being able to tell anyone about it or get relief. Good Luck to all the hystersisters having surgery this week. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
Actually, THAT did happen to me....I got to recovery in too much pain to communicate to them, it didn't last long.....THEY KNEW I had that much pain somehow cause they took care of it all on their own in no time! So don't worry. Also, I had a tvh and was in and out in 25 hours. No problem. In fact I could've danced all the way home! Amazing what DRUGS can do eh?!
Unread 01-16-2006, 06:34 PM

LAVH on the 25th. I am scheduled to stay overnight and hope to go home the next afternoon. Good luck and keep us informed
Unread 01-16-2006, 07:27 PM

I am scheduled for LATH and enterocele on 1/23/06 and will be staying only for 23-observation. Is this the norm? Good luck everyone!!
Unread 01-17-2006, 02:39 AM

Hi Velvet 85 MY surgery was just bumped ahead to January 20 origionally scheduled for Feb 2. I am having a LAVH LSO with laser and cystoscopy, my doc said 1 or 2 night stay I guess it just depends how my recovery goes. Best wishes to you on the 20th.
Kathy
Unread 01-17-2006, 06:46 AM

Hi Velvet85. I am scheduled for TAH on January 19th. My doctor said anywhere from 2-5 days, depending on what they find. I am soooo nervous though. I tried packing some stuff last night, but didn't get very far. Good luck, and I'm saying prayers for everyone who goes this week!
Unread 01-17-2006, 09:15 AM

I'm scheduled for Fri., 1/20 for a TAH -- I've been told I will be in 2 nights so I guess that means coming home Sunday, 1/22. Most people I talk to think that's too soon (removal of cervic, uterus, and left ovary); the dr. indicated that if it all depends on how I do. I'm starting to get the jitters too! Good luck!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register