What is Adenomyosis? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is Adenomyosis? What is Adenomyosis?

Unread 01-17-2006, 08:48 AM
What is Adenomyosis?

I had a DNC in May of 2005 and lapro surg for cyst on left ovary, Dr said that the lining of uterus didn't look right on ultrasound. Also had prolapsed uterus which caused bladder to drop. Sugested that i do kegal ex. and do the bio feedback, did that for 5 months and little change. Dr decided to do hyst in Dec. (wasn't to happy to have to go through surgery again only 7 months later) and the pathology report came back that there was fibriods and endo. I had realy bad periods with heavy clotting every month and cramps throughout the month. Glad to know more about endo now I know why it was like that every month, Dr never realy explained it. Also I am wandering if anyone else has had the lupron shot for endometrios, 10 years ago I had a tubal preg and they discovered the endometrious and i got the lupron shot to shrrink it. I am happy now that i had a hyst. and now i don't have to go through that anymore. Good Luck to everyone out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2006, 11:45 AM
What is Adenomyosis?

Lynn,
what you described is my 2 1/2 weeks every month! Thank you! I am asking my dr tomorrow about the adenomyosis (sp) Thanks! Hugs Raymo
Unread 01-17-2006, 11:48 AM
What is Adenomyosis?

Kim and other ladies,
thanks so much! I feel more informed now! I definitely think I have adenomyosis! I still bleed like a teenager (waking up soaked and having to change clothes etc) As well as the back pain, upper thigh pain, urinary issues (I thought were from having 3 kids)...Glad to hear you all are happy with your decision! It is helping! Hugs Raymo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2006, 12:25 AM
What is Adenomyosis?

Oh yes I remember the adeno and the endo and the fibroids all too well. Years of pain pain pain gone forever!!!!! Yipee!!!
Unread 01-18-2006, 07:01 PM
What is Adenomyosis?

Mountain Miss our surgery's are on the same day. I also have adenomyosis that was diagosed by a vaginal ultrasound because of the painful periods, heavy bleeding, and having 2-3 periods a month. Since being diagosed in Dec the pain has gotten so bad that I just didn't think I could make it one more day. Pain so bad at times that I couldn't even walk. But I know it will all be over in 8 more days. YEAH! Best of luck to you and everyone else going through all of this.
Unread 01-19-2006, 06:25 AM
What is Adenomyosis?

Thanks, Ollie8569. Hope everything goes well with you too. Just getting ready to leave for my pre-op testing today. Actually the blood draw and the IV insertion before surgery are my biggest obstacles! Once I get past those, I'm fine. See you on the other side!
Unread 01-19-2006, 06:47 AM
Adenomyosis

I think everyone has pretty much answered your question but wanted to share my experience with adenomyosis. I was first told that I had it when I was 28 (now 44). The doctor discovered it while doing surgery for endometrosis. Adenomyosis causes pain and general discomfort. That, along with endometrosis and fibroids, your life can become quite miserable. I was told before my hysterectomy that I was soon going to realize just how badly I had been feeling all those years. I didn't believe them at first. I knew I never felt "great", but thought it was due to stress at work, my commute to and from work, and just getting older! I'd sometimes have to go to bed at 7:30 at night and took lots of naps on the weekends and forget it when that time of the month rolled around! It was even worse. Well, since the surgery, I've had very little fatigue and feel good 99% of the time now! All that endometrosis, adenymyosis and the fibroids really took a toll on my health and I'm soooooooooo glad that I had the surgery.

Anyway, that's my story. I know everyone is different and whether or not to have the surgery is strictly a personal decision. Please take what you like and leave the rest! Thanks, and good luck!!
Unread 01-19-2006, 12:25 PM
What is Adenomyosis?

hi ladies,
well today is my second opinion appt. As long as he does not say that my other dr is a nut or is totally offbase, I have pretty much made up my mind to have the hyst. It will be scheduled in march or so. I will keep you all posted. Good luck to everyone else in their decision making. Hugs Raymo
Unread 01-19-2006, 01:55 PM
What is Adenomyosis?

Adenomyosis is where the lining of the womb grows into the womb muscle so when you have a period you get loads of cramps because the blood cannot release properly. You can also get fibroids where the lining is growing in. I had this but I suffered pain throughout the month too which was unusual apparently.
Unread 01-19-2006, 05:32 PM
What is Adenomyosis?

HI Ladies,
well today, the second opinion dr confirmed what I already guessed. that I will be having a hyst soon. What benefits are there from keeping your cervix versus having it removed. Hugs Raymo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register