measured up and ready to go (?) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

measured up and ready to go  (?) measured up and ready to go (?)

Unread 04-17-2001, 12:44 AM
measured up and ready to go (?)

Hi girls, well I have been measured up and it wasn't too bad. I had to insert a tampon ( which had dye on it) into my vagina so the radiologist could see where my organs were in relation to the vagina. Then they measured me with bits of wire and calipers. ( I thought they were measuring me to see if I had eaten all the Easter eggs ) Now it is about a 2 week wait until I actually start the external treatments. I was given a side effect paper to read and sign and now this mind of mine has run away with me again !! :hair: I am abit afraid of these especially the delayed effects that can happen. rectal bleeding, anal narrowing and the bladder irritation. Any ideas on these? As you can see as usual I am stressing about things that probably won't happen, but that's me. Thanks so much for being here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2001, 05:48 AM

Robyn, you are doing exactly what every other woman probably does too. You are reading those papers and thinking way too much. You need to put them to the side and set your mind on getting the treatments done and feeling better again! Try not to ponder on things that you will more than likely never have to worry about!
We are all here for you dear!! When you are having a hard time, just type away and we will always listen and encourage you to move on to a healthier you!
Unread 04-17-2001, 01:17 PM

Robyn,

I'm glad that the measuring and such wasn't too bad. I found that to be true also. With my delay we may be starting at the same time. We are going to do great and all those side effects are NOT going to be part of our experience.

Have a great day!

Zoe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2001, 01:33 PM

I think it's normal to stress. I always have. I always look at all the things that could potentially go wrong, assume that it will go wrong, and then decide what I will do when they ultimately go wrong. Once I've been through that, then I relax because I have a plan. It's no longer "the unknown". Then I'm really happy when it goes right, or if it goes wrong I'm still happy because I'm prepared. A lot of people consider that to be pessimistic. I just call it planning ahead. I'm actually a very optimistic person in general, but I'm ready in the event it doesn't go quite as it should. And I thought we've already discussed this. Didn't we decide that since you've always fallen in the very small group of women that something happens to that now it's your turn to fall in the big group of women where everything goes great? I'm sure we've already decided that! So finish your "planning ahead" and put those papers aside! It's time to start planning all the fun things you'll be doing once you're past this. You know--"Robyn, now that you've finished beating cancer, what are you going to do?" Usually on TV it's go to Disney World, but you can insert whatever you want. It's your victory celebration.

Take care. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Unread 04-17-2001, 01:51 PM

Thanks girls , xx Jeanine , I have already decided what I am going to do when I am over this. My dh and I plan on coming over to America,( hopefully at the end of this year) and I am going to meet as many of you as I can. This sounds like fun. And I forgot that we had decided that this is my turn. Thanks for reminding me. Love you all x x
Unread 04-18-2001, 11:22 AM

It is scary reading the paper listing side effects -- mine said something about scarring that could require more surgery in years to come. I was flipping out! Bladder irritation is common -- just to let you know there is this fabulous pill called pyridium (many gals have taken it for bladder infections) and it completely eliminates any bladder discomfort/pain/burning -- although it does stain your urine koolaid orange! Hang in there. Once you start you may be surprised at how easy things go -- especially at the beginning. It'll be over before you know it. Do keep in mind that when you are done with treatment it will take a little time (couple of weeks) til you feel 100%. I'm thinking of you. Good luck!
Unread 04-18-2001, 06:21 PM

hang in there Robyn, I am thinking of you and praying for you to get through this as easy as possible. Keep us informed.
Unread 04-18-2001, 06:56 PM

{{Robyn}}

I know the unknown is always so much harder on you than once you get going on it. Try to take a deep breath and keep focusing on the fact - you are doing all this to get rid of that little nasty thing!

I think Jeanine is right, we did all decide your time of being in the small percentage is over. Time to be in that large percentage where everything goes just as planned, smoother than silk.

I do hope you'll be able to get to the U.S. we'd love to see ya in Colorado

Take care, you'll soon be on your way to a new start!

Lots of {{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 04-18-2001, 09:30 PM

Hi Robyn,
I am new here. I am enjoying reading a lot of the posts, because I now realize that all the anxieties that I experience are the same for mostly everyone. I am 37 years old and had stage IIB uterine cancer. I just began my radiation yesterday.....was also told of similar side effects. So far, so good. I cry a lot now. I am debating the issue of HRT. Seeking info.
Unread 04-21-2001, 09:53 PM

I'm not going to Disney World - I'm going to the Bahamas. I said to myself when the treatments were over I was heading for a place where the biggest decision I had to make for the day was - beach or poolside.

Be informed but put those papers away and think good thoughts. It really works. Like for me - I'm heading out on Saturday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register