just curious can a cyst be felt from the outside???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

just curious can a cyst be felt from the outside???? just curious can a cyst be felt from the outside????

Unread 01-21-2006, 08:00 AM
just curious can a cyst be felt from the outside????

ok.. i'm pretty scared.. i have been dealing with alot of new symptoms BLOATED!!!,GAS, INDGESTION,FEELING VERY,VERY FULL ALLTHE TIME WEIGHT LOSS, RIGHT SIDED PAIN, THAT RUNS DOWN MY LEG.. these symptoms are all pretty new.. that's got me concerened...my g-ma had ovarian cancer and died at the age of 55..so i'm a little scared... i noticed a week or so ago. as i placed a heating pad on my right side. i felt a small pea sized lump on my right side.. i felt all around the right side,and then to the left.. the left felt soooo much different.???? the right feels so knotted up and the left feels so solid! i still have my right ovary could it be a cyst,fibroid,or something more serious???? i hade a appt. on the 31st. i got it bummped up to this thursday.. i'm really scared this is something serious due to all the new symptoms... this bloated is sooooo bad and i never had it before... please help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2006, 10:35 AM

Try and relax and not think of all the worst case scenarios. I know it's very easy to do, but you need to remain calm and let the doctor decide if this is something serious or not.

I have lots of problems with bloating. It's not unusual for me to look nine months pregnant by the end of the day. I have lots of pain also. I've been thoroughly checked out and am still under the care of my doctors, but nothing serious has ever been found. Just because you have bloating and pain doesn't mean you have a serious illness. Again, remain calm. Perhaps do something to pamper yourself. Take a bath, light some candles and turn on some music. I find a bath to be very soothing.

Best wishes to you on your doc appt.

Unread 01-21-2006, 04:34 PM

When I had ovarian cysts back in 97 my dr could feel them. That and a good exam is how they were found.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2006, 10:55 AM

You know Coffeelover when you have had problems
for a long time and suffered a lot, your mind tends
to panic over anything out of the ordinary because you
have become sensitized. I know that is what I do.
You just get paranoid about everything jumping to
conclusions. Like Kim said try to relax and not think
of the worse possible scenario. Try to hang in there.
Unread 01-23-2006, 12:57 PM

Hey Coffee:

I will also encourage you to relax/pamper as much as possible between now and your appointment. What will worrying change? Sounds like you are doing the right thing with making the appointment with your doctor.

If you can't relax, maybe you can channel your anxiety into helpful energy...If you have not already somehow captured your symptoms in writing, do that over these next few days. I found documenting symptoms on a blank calendar with highlighting markers to be very helpful for my doctor as a visual aid in explaining onset, recurrance, pain level, etc to my doctor. He loved it! I used different colors for left pain, right pain and both. I charted that over a couple of months and we were able to see that I was in a 3 week pain cycle.

Think of a format that suits you and get the symptoms documented and summarized. Look for patterns like frequency. Were any stressful events happening when your symptoms became worse? What relieves the pain (lying down, heating pad, medication, warm bath)? Is standing worse? Sitting? Walking? Etc, etc, etc. Go into as much detail as you can remember.

I'd do an initial jotting today. Review and add/delete tommorrow and then on Wednesday, start summarizing, drawing some conclusions about patterns, etc and write a speech of what you'd like to say to your doctor including not only what is going on but what your expectations are for treatment.

I wouldn't spend hours at a time preparing for this appointment. Maybe 20 minutes here and there. Probably no more than an hour total. Don't wear yourself down. The point of this is to help you clarify your thoughts and communicate them clearly to your doctor.

Best wishes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register