Husband Left Me - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Husband Left Me Husband Left Me

Unread 01-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Husband Left Me

((((dedo))))) I'm so sorry you're going through all this grief while getting ready for your surgery

You asked if 5 days would be enough to see you through. I honestly do not think that you will be able to cope, on your own, while recovering from major surgery, with two young children. My children were just a little older than yours when I had my TVH, in December 2000. My DD turned 5 the day I came home from the and my DS was 9 1/2. At that age, I simply couldn't have depended on them to help much and they still needed a whole lot of caring, what with laundry, taking DD to playgroup (she only started school the next year) and all the other little things they need done.

Is there anyone who could come in and give you hand, especially for the morning and evening rushes? Is there any possibility that your children could stay over at a friend's or relative's for a week or two?

Other things you could do would be to check if your community or church have programs to help people who temporarily need help. There may be a visiting nurses or home relief organization available.

It would also be a good idea to get ready by freezing lots of meals. Have healthy treats available that require very little fixing (such as fresh fruits, vegetable platters (my DD loves those), etc.)

Lots of s and ers are going your way. in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Husband Left Me

where do you live? I don't want to invade your privacy, but if one of us lived near you, we could at least call. Have you got enough resources? I hope i'm not being nosey, but if we can help, I know I would.
vali
Unread 01-21-2006, 08:17 PM
As if

As if you don't have enough to worry about! I am soooo sorry about your situation!! Hopefully you have other family and friends who can step up for you. You certainly have all your sisters here pulling for you!!!!!!!!

Try to stay positive and strong for your surgery. One step at a time!!!!! My prayers and best wishes are with you!!!!!!

Stay strong!
monami

p.s. I have to say it -- what a jerk!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Husband Left Me

Dear dedo, I am so sorry that you are going through this. I feel this procedure can really take an emotional toll on people even when they have a great support system, so I can't imagine what you are going through. My prayers are with you. Stay strong for your kids and yourself.
s
Lynn
Unread 01-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Husband Left Me

Well...I don't know your husband, of course, but I'm wondering how helpful he would have been anyway if he is the kind of person that would leave you and the kids in this situation. For all I know his leaving will make your recovery easier...

Stock up on frozen and quick dinners. Get your emergency phone list updated and put it next to the phone. See if someone else can get the kids to school and back while you recover. Let your family and friends know what's up. You can get through this, one way or another.

I'm recovering alone with a 6-yr-old and an 8-yr-old. It's not the most fun we've ever had, but we're alright.

I think you'll be OK. Just prepare now. I knew my recovery was going to be difficult, in terms of getting help with my kids and stuff, but I decided to just do it now, because I figured the sooner I did it, the sooner I'd feel better. Personally, I don't regret it.

That's just me, though. Our situations are a little different. I think you can do it, though.
Unread 01-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Husband Left Me

First let me say that I am so sorry that you are hurting at such a vulnurable time in your life. In my opinion, you husband is being very selfish and thinking only of himself right now. Please know that somehow things will work out for you and your boys. We will all pray for you and your family. You are not alone, you have many, many "sisters" right there with you giving you lots of hugs!
Unread 01-22-2006, 01:14 AM
Husband Left Me

I am sorry to hear about your husband's inability to be strong for you when you needed it most. I believe that God doesn't give us more than we can handle and that you will not only do fine through this you will find strength you didn't know that you had inside of you. I will pray for you. You know I have seen people saying to keep praying and keep praying about the situation. I beg to differ. I know it may sound hokey but I believe that if you have a problem and you lay it at the Lord's feet and keep picking it back up (next time you pray) how is He supposed to help you if you seem to be trying to control things? Put it in the Lord's hands right now as that is where your care needs to be. Your boys will be fine and will help you beyond belief. You will be so very proud of them and of yourself for not breaking down and giving in to dispair. My prayers are with you and I'm sending you love and light for a speedy recovery.
Unread 01-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Husband Left Me

Time To Grow: I am sorry, and I will burn a candle for you, my situation is not the same, but I have the same question about depression.

Hugs and Peace and Hope to all of you.

T.
Unread 01-23-2006, 12:47 AM
Husband Left Me

sorry about your husband i dont know if your a believer in god but i sure am and hes alays there when no one else is, just wanted to say dont worry to much i had a tvh in june of 04 i have two boys the waiting is the hardest part, make sure you have chap stick your lips get dry you dont get much but pain meds and ice chips the first day, just remember each day that goes by youll be healing and on the road to feeling better, if you need someone to talk to im here, ill be praying for you and your children, endo and female problems can really take a toll on a relationship thank god for all the great hystersisters to support us who understand the pain and suffering we go through. make sure you have easy meals planned for after i moved my clothes drawers up higher too, i had some spotting for a while after my surgery so have some panty liners around just in case, take care of yourself and dont be affraid to ask friends or family for help
Unread 01-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Prayers Being Sent...

After reading this thread, my problems seem very tiny indeed.
I really do hope and pray for the very best outcome for you here dear!
We are all distant, but always close at hand (and heart!) here online!
Much Love!
J.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register