surgery day around the corner and afraid of the unknown - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery day around the corner and afraid of the unknown surgery day around the corner and afraid of the unknown

Unread 01-25-2006, 11:12 AM
surgery day around the corner and afraid of the unknown

Thanks. Just knowing that iam not alone on this day is going to be helpful. I have been in alot of pain since last November but for some odd reason it has left me since Monday It really makes you wonder. But i know the surgery will be worth it and hopefully both of our recoveries will be quick and as pain free as possible. Thanks for all your support and you will be in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Castle sisters

Tracy70 and Reaemma,
Please be sure and write back in after you get home so I know how you did, I will be thinking of all of you and hoping for the best. I also connected with 100732 who also is having surgery on Jan. 31st and in the same city as me...a different hospital and doctor, tho.
Next 50 Years
Unread 01-25-2006, 03:22 PM

Thanks and i will try to write back as soon as i can and you do the same i hope all works out good for you to!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2006, 05:09 PM

I have the same date also, good ole Jan 31.
30 yr old having TAH/BOS due to severe endo and tube wrapped around and stuck together! 15 years of pain, hopefully going away after this!
Unread 01-25-2006, 05:47 PM

I know the feeling - I am new here also and not sure how to navigate . Surgery date 2/1. Getting a little nervous, but I know in the end it will be worth it. Good Luck !
Unread 01-26-2006, 09:06 AM

Ya its kinda scarry. iam trying to be positive and hope all will go well i hope that yours will also be a great success. hope to talk to you again soon as talking about it really seems to help. thanks
Unread 01-26-2006, 12:26 PM

My surgery is tomorrow, jan 27. I am very nervous as well. Not sure what exactly to expect. I am 27 and have had endo, with ovarian cysts, for 10 years now. The past week I have been in so much pain that the doctor thought we should do it right away. So I found out Tuesday I am going in on friday. I have two young children 5 & 2 so a lot of planning to do. I am sure you will do fine. i have had quite a few laparoscopy's in the last 5 years, so surgery doesn't scare me as much. But this surgery is much more serious. All the best!
Unread 01-26-2006, 01:44 PM

Hello, remembering back when it was my time to go to the hospital. Reading your post, you sound like everyone one of us ladies, I bet all of us were scared at some point. My surgury was on Friday the 13th. I am not a supersticious person and I have a great surgeon/Dr. All ended up really good, I am so happy I finally did this, no more periods, I feel so much better, feel alive again. I kept my ovaries, so I am not taking any HRT. Don't forget to say your prayer before going and think postitive. Will be thinking of you. Good luck!
Unread 01-26-2006, 04:30 PM

I too am new to this site and feeling the exact same way. My surgery is on February 23, and the wait is killing me. I just want to get it over with. If you get any advice, please pass it along. I hope everything goes well for you, and dont worry, the wait will soon be over.

Diana
Unread 01-26-2006, 04:45 PM

Iam sure all will be fine with your surgery just be positive and remember we will never have to deal with these parts again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register