Anyone have a tummy tuck at the same time as their hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have a tummy tuck at the same time as their hysterectomy? Anyone have a tummy tuck at the same time as their hysterectomy?

Unread 01-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Anyone have a tummy tuck at the same time as their hysterectomy?

Any info on having a minni tummy tuck with hysterectomy? Recovery time, how long in hospital post op. REsults.
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2006, 08:00 PM

Hi there

I've never had a Tummy Tuck, so can't share any insight on this issue. This would be a good question to ask your doctor.
Unread 01-26-2006, 09:49 PM

I am thinking about talking to a plastic surgeon before my hyst. Not sure yet. Is your Gyn doing the mini tuck? hugs Raymo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2006, 09:15 AM

I had what is called a c-tuck at the time of my TAH. My gyn performed it.

My incision was huge. Hip bone to hip bone, but the time in the hospital and the recovery time were the same.

I am thrilled with the results although it took quite a while to actually see the results.

All of my pants fit better now and I have lost 16 pounds on top that and I feel wonderful!

Speak with your gyn about it. It didn't end up costing any more either. I read in the op report that he called it a panniculectomy (sp?). He said in the operative report that he removed the skin to provide more ease with the surgery.

Good Luck to you!
Unread 01-27-2006, 09:43 AM

PJL,
I will definitely ask about it! When I first saw him and asked about a tummy tuck he told me since my belly is flat when I lay down that I don't need one but I hate when I stand up, i have the saggy skin. I have the worst stretch marks from my kids. ugh! Congrats on the weight loss!!! I go to my second Weight watchers weigh in this morning. Keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully I lost more this week I think i am down another 4 lbs or so which would be 10 lbs in 2 weeks. (But this week was bad, my grandma died and so did our 13 year old dog.) Hugs Raymo
Unread 01-27-2006, 09:55 AM

Let me first start by sending my deepest condolences to you and your family. Losing a family member is always so tough and losing a pet (who is also considered a family member) in the same week??? You poor thing!

My tummy was always flat when I layed down too! But we aren't always laying down now are we! What a silly thing for your doctor to say!!

I am really glad that I did it and although the incision was rather large and I am sure that it did add to the post op discomfort, it was well worth it.

Keep with the weight watchers! It is really a great program! My weight loss has come from a lack of appetite since my surgery. Can't quite figure it out, but I am not complaining!

Hugs to you!
Unread 01-27-2006, 10:00 AM

Thanks PJL,
yes we had a crappy week! thanks for your caring thoughts.

I will definitely ask about the panniculectomy (sp) thing. That would be great! I am not sure if my dr can perform one but I will ASK!! Doesn't hurt to ask! LOL I know my recovery is going to suck, Basically I will have incisions in my belly and an episiotomy type cut for the rectocele. I think the bladder repair will be the easiest. I hope anyway.

Geeze, I should be getting off my computer. I have to grocery shop, drop the dogs (we have 2 others) at the kennel, go to WW to weigh in, pack the clothes for our trip away this weekend. ugh!

Anyway, have a wonderful weekend! hugs Maureen
Unread 01-27-2006, 10:08 AM

So, you are not having an abdominal hysterectomy?

I don't know that they can do it if you are not having it abdominally. That was the only reason that my gyn was able to do it.

I am home with the flu today so I envy you going out and about.... I am still in my jammies and intend to stay that way!

I hope that you have a much better weekend!

Hugs!
Unread 01-27-2006, 10:33 AM
re: tummy tuck

I asked, believe me I asked maybe even begged for a tummy tuck. my dr told me she wasn't licensed to do cosmetic surgery. the dr has had a tummy tuck and she says they're brutal, so do several of my friends who work in operating rooms. but, i'm all for them i just wish i could afford it....let me see tummy tuck or a new ATV? my husband has said he would rather I buy the ATV so we the family can ride together. leave it to mom to be the last one w/o a cool toy. Good luck.
Unread 01-27-2006, 10:39 AM

I did not have the traditional tummy tuck but something that is called a panniculectomy (sp?). It is where my gyn just stated that he had to remove the excess skin in order to provide more ease with the surgery. He is not a plastic surgeon, but considered this a common procedure. Again, not the traditional tummy tuck which from what I hear is a brutal procedure.

It worked for me. The incision is huge, but I will never wear a bikini anyway. If what you are looking for is a traditional tummy tuck then what you do need is a plastic surgeon.

Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register