Anyone have a tummy tuck at the same time as their hysterectomy? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have a tummy tuck at the same time as their hysterectomy? Anyone have a tummy tuck at the same time as their hysterectomy?

Unread 01-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Anyone have a tummy tuck at the same time as their hysterectomy?

Hi I am 8 days post op from a tah/bso full tummy tuck and lipo on thighs. Recovery at the begining was hard, it is just now getting better. I am not overweight, but had big babies, I am barely 5 ft and had 9 lbs babies. So they did a muscle repair also. I arranged it so my gyn did his part and when he was done the plastic surgeon came in and did his part. It was cheaper that was as I was already in the hosp etc. You can ask your gyn who they work with, it is common to do the 2 together. But the first few days really are hard. They warned me, but hey I am tough.... lol. I am already pleased with my new body and I still have alot of healing to do. Most of my stretch marks have been cut out. and my tummy is flat. My thighs look great already, and I still have some swelling. If you can afford it I say go for it. I knew I wanted to do this and saved and planned for a long time. Good luck.

Melinda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2006, 11:03 AM

I have added to my list of questions for my pre op dr. appt, "can you perform a mini tuck?" I love this site...so much information that I would never think to ask.
Unread 01-27-2006, 03:28 PM

HI ladies,
I am supposed to have my hyst done laparascopically but I bet if I asked the dr to do it abdomenally, he would. Then I can ask for the pannicula thing. I will call him next week. Hugs to all, Raymo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2006, 11:40 AM

I had a tummy tuck done by a plastic surgeon my onc works with. In fact, the onc was the one who suggested it. He said, "you may as well get something good out of this."

It was extra, but worth it. And I do think it has added to my recovery time, but again worth it in the long run.
Unread 01-28-2006, 11:58 PM

I also had a TT, MR, and some lipo along with my hyst, done by PS. As others have said, the recovery is longer, there is more discomfort, but it is definitely worth it. I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have.
Unread 01-29-2006, 11:27 AM

Hi! I am new to the group. My lap vh is scheduled for March 31st and I have already conferred with the Plastic Surgeon re: a full tummy tuck and it is full speed ahead - woohoo! I have wanted a TT for about 20 years now and I figured if I have to be in pain & recovery I might as have something to show for it other than no more 3 week periods! My gyn. recommended him and they will do the hyst first & then the ps will do the tuck. He will infact be cutting off the skin where the laproscope was inserted. I am looking forward to the end results but not the recovery so much - go figure! I would love any help or input from those sisters that have had the same like KJ1 and Hopefull716 as this is new territory for me. Thanks again for all your great helps and tips!:
Unread 02-06-2006, 03:33 PM

I had a TAH, Bladder repair and Tummy tuck. Now 4 weeks post op, I am extremely glad that I did it all at one time!!!!! I would not have gone back to have anything done. Recovery has been hard, I am still moving slow, however come summer when I put on my swimming suit I am sure I will love it. You are recovering anyway.....you are in pain anyway....just take the time and do it all. A plastic surgeon did mine and it cost me but, it think it was money well spent. I also have a little short body and had four large 10lb babies, so my stomach looked like crap....If I did not have to have a hyster I am not sure I would have done it, but my ob/gyn who is a lady suggested that I fix this stomach right, and now I am glad I did! Good luck to you!
Unread 02-06-2006, 08:03 PM

my gyn is planning on doing a mini tummy tuck! Wahooo!!

And yes, I would like only one recovery!!! Hugs Raymo
Unread 02-07-2006, 10:58 AM

I'm may be having a repaeat bladder repari, and would like to ask my doc about it? I have a huge hangover and it would help a lot of the excess skin where not there. How should I aproach the doc? I can't afford to pay for a full tummy tuck but the pannn thing where the surgeon does it would work out.
vali
Unread 02-07-2006, 11:34 AM

Definitely ask your dr about it~ That is what I did! Hugs Raymo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register