Calling all Ladies-in-Waiting! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Calling all Ladies-in-Waiting! Calling all Ladies-in-Waiting!

Unread 01-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Calling all Ladies-in-Waiting!

my tah is scheduled for feb 14th, and i'm starting to stress. and i'm positive that my dh is so tired of hearing my concerns. i think today i'm going to rearrange the furniture in my room, i don't have room for a nightstand or table on my side of the bed as it is. waiting must be the very worst part, the anticipation of what may be to come. my uterus just keeps getting bigger and bigger, because of fibroids, i look like i'm 5 month preg. and i'm terrified of someone asking me when i'm due. are you all feeling this stressed out and crazy???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2006, 02:06 PM

iwaveatcows ~ I love riding motorcycles to. I even have my own. It's neat that you have a cell phone picture of you next to a cow.
Unread 01-27-2006, 02:19 PM

Thanks for sharing what's going on in your lives, it makes me feel normal! This is such a great support site!

My mantra today was "waiting is the hardest, waiting is the hardest...to which my DH replied don't you mean "there's no place like home..." Nope, not today Waiting is the hardest. I had my pre-op today and it was a piece of cake, they were all very nice and even laughed at a Corney joke I borrowed from my eldest son when they put the hospital admission bracelet on me, I asked them "Does this mean I get to ride all of the rides?" Which seemed to crack them up and as they passed me off to different departments the joke continued on with me...
The only thing I have to do before surgery is not eat or drink anything after midnight and shower with antibacterial soap before I come in.

Peace to all!
Bright-eyes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2006, 02:24 PM

My pre op hospital Appt is in 11 days, my pre op Dr. Visit 8 days after that, then four days after that....Off to the castle. Waiting is the hardest part. At least during the waiting time, we can learn from those who have already been to the castle, conquered the beast, regained their crowns and are now happily back in their own kingdoms.
Unread 01-27-2006, 03:06 PM

Funny, my pre-op is the 13 and the big day is the 15.

Is it normal that they make you wash with the anti-bacterial soap? Do they give you the soap or what?
Unread 01-27-2006, 04:01 PM

Hey iwaveatcows,

I'm not sure what normal is any more, but that's what they told me "antibacterial" dial or what ever. I live in a rural area (we have lots of cows), that could be code for "clean" or even leave they lye soap alone...The one thing I have noticed by reading this is that everyone does it different.

I had a mole removed last year and they said the same thing and that was what I was supposed to use antibacterial soap around the stitches...not sure if they will say the same again, but I didn't have any problems with the mole/stitches.

peace
Unread 01-27-2006, 04:31 PM

20 days for me, day after you iwaveatcows. My preop is on the 14th, happy valentines to me, big day on the 16th.

I was starting to wonder if my preop was supposed to be earlier.

Still enjoying the Lupron high humming and singing at the drop of a hat though I now have Hot and Cold flashes.

Started packing and ordering anything I might need.

Trying to figure out what other questions to ask at pre-op, used the site list and my extras at the consult.

Finishing baseboards and organizing this weekend cause I won't be able to bend and measure or lift.

Wondering when oh when I will be able to be really active with ice hockey, hiking and horses. This really is the only fear that I'm stuggling with, I want to make sure I heal properly but want to stay active. I'm currently under threat at home of being locked in the house and tied to the bed if I don't behave myself.

I wave at cows, horses, hawks, hills whatever makes me happy. oh and sometimes toss in a couple moos cause I can.
Unread 01-27-2006, 05:27 PM

the hardest part for me is dealing with this pain still...i hurt so bad that popping pills like candy is almost a joke now. the pills dont even touch the pain anymore..
Unread 01-27-2006, 06:03 PM

My surgery is on the 21st of Feb so I've got a little more than 3 weeks. Trying not to think about it much but it's nice to know we all share the same fears etc. I'm hoping my surgery is early in the day but won't know until the day before which kind of stinks. Trying to think of all the things I need to do prior to surgery. Only nice part is my daughter is flying home from Florida for 5 days afterward so even though I'll have pain having my daughter here will help. Looking forward to talking with everyone!
Unread 01-28-2006, 11:25 AM

The hardest is the waiting, but it has actually gotten easier the last few days as I am keeping busy getting everything ready (which miraculously I am getting done).

Wasn't supposed to start my bleeding until the day of surgery, but of course started a week early. So now I am having my last period and am actually grateful as it is giving me a chance to be sure of my decision and also grieve the loss of this part of my life. I sat and cried while making my daughter a birthday card and it felt good. My youngest is turning 18 the day after my surgery - now how poingnant is that?

I bought pads at the store the other day for now and for the hospital and realized that that is the last time I will have to buy pads - EVER! Woohoo!!!

I'm ready and psyched - let's go!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register