HPV vaccine article | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HPV vaccine article HPV vaccine article

Unread 01-27-2006, 10:08 AM
HPV vaccine article

Good news - but with the usual "arrgh" about certain people who question the "morality" of this vaccine.

I am a very non-confrontational person, but if I ever heard that opinion from someone in person I would not be held responsible for my actions.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-36398,00.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2006, 10:13 AM
HPV vaccine article

I agree with you. When there is the wonderful news of a vaccine, which will PREVENT cancer, certain side issues should not intrude. I know what you're talking about and it's so sad that it arose. This vaccine is a tremendous step forward in cancer prevention.
Unread 01-27-2006, 01:58 PM
HPV vaccine article

I'm wondering how many girls ever thought about getting HPV when they were teenagers? A vaccine to prevent cancer is so much more valuable than listening to this silly argument.

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2006, 03:18 PM
HPV vaccine article

I for one never knew that HPV could cause cervical cancer. I didn't even know what HPV was...
Unread 01-27-2006, 04:20 PM
HPV vaccine article

You know, I really wouldnt worry too much about the silly opinions of some people.

The man who 'invented' the cervical cancer vaccine was on Australia Day (26th January 2006) named as Australian of the Year! And everyone thought that was just fantastic.

Since when does treatment and prevention have to be associated with 'morals'! Thankfully the medical profession really is above such questions, and the story that came with the award told that most of the population (80%?) carried the HPV so this treatment would help almost all women. And anyway, why then do they give the Hep B shot to children who are 12 months old if encouraging promiscuity was a relevant issue.
Unread 01-27-2006, 04:42 PM
HPV vaccine article

Quote:
Originally Posted by shegeek
Good news - but with the usual "arrgh" about certain people who question the "morality" of this vaccine.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-36398,00.html
Hi again
Have just read that it is our Senator Barnaby Joyce who has raised issues of promiscuity. Believe me, he is a real donkey - no-one takes him seriously here and his own electorate is angry with him over recent comments. Even my 16 year old son groans when his face is on the TV because he knows he is about to hear something really DUMB!

I think he is struggling in his electorate so he thinks he is clever to get media attention by saying dumb stuff. It isnt working, most people just ignore him! If anything, he gives the 'opposition' more credibility!

I am betting that within a short space of time the vaccine will be given to all girls, along with the Hep B and rubella shots, by the age of 12. Around the world!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register