Appointments for this Week? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Appointments for this Week? Appointments for this Week?

Unread 01-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Appointments for this Week?

I don't see the thread, so I'll start it. If any of you have appointments this week, please post them so we can know when to be with you in spirit and offer you our wishes for good news and results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2006, 10:23 AM

Appointments on the calendar so far this week is:

31 - Abeliangrape - receive results of CT and CA125

May you receive the results you are expecting and even better Abeliangrape.

s everyone
Jane
Unread 01-30-2006, 11:35 AM

Abeliangrape--I'm hoping that the CT and CA125 bring you good news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2006, 12:06 PM

I am having my radical hys on Feb 1.
Unread 01-30-2006, 12:21 PM

((abeliangrape))) may the results of that CA125 and CT scan be totally boring.

(((mrswil))) take care and best wishes for your hyst. Be sure to check out the pre and post op tabs at the top of the page for some helpful hints. Come back and let us know you are doing once you feel up to posting.

to all
Unread 01-30-2006, 01:33 PM

Appt. tomorrow (Tues)--will get results of labial biopsy (ouch!), also he will do the colposcopy and possibly more biopsies. I hope these won't be as sore as the first one! I learned the importance of drinking LOTS of water, and lean way over when I pee, LOL!

Thanks for this thread, Margaret! My thoughts and prayers are with you all!
Unread 01-30-2006, 02:45 PM

Mrswil--may your hysterectomy go well and may you have a smooth recovery. Take it easy afterwards and let others "do" for you.
Finally, here's hoping the colposcopy goes well and with that and any other biopsies will not be so painful as before.

Borh of you--we'll be waiting for your followups.
Unread 01-31-2006, 03:05 AM

I had my 2 year followup appt. with my Gyn last Friday, and pending Pap results, all thus far looked good. Yesterday I had my 6 month followup appt. with my internal medical doctor and I feel like I won the lottery!!
I had been battling elevated cholesterol since my Hyst, and could not tolerate taking Lipitor to lower it, so my doctor although she was not too hopeful gave me 6 months to attempt to get the numbers down with diet and exercise before we would attempt another statin which I dreaded. Well I really buckled down after the last appt., joined Weight Watchers, went to Curves more regularily, lost 22 lbs, and did a lot of praying. Guess this regimen worked as my total cholesterol went from 293 to 210, triglycerides 220 to 185, HDL stayed above 35, and my LDL went from an alarming 215 to 135 which is just 5 points above normal.

Wanted to share this to encourage other Sisters who may too be battling elevated cholesterol to give diet and exercise a shot too. Some may still need the help of meds, but diet, exercise, and dropping a few pounds may help reduce the dose needed to keep those levels in normal range.

This was such great news to hear as I am leaving for a Caribbean cruise this Saturday, and great incentive to stay away from those midnight buffets

All take care
Unread 01-31-2006, 07:21 AM

I have yet another post-op on Friday this week at 2 pm central time.
Unread 01-31-2006, 07:32 AM

Feb 1 - outpatient surgery for vaginal dysplasia, biopsies came back moderate, gyn/onc md wants to take some good looks as it is up near the vaginal cuff. Either surgical excision (preferred as can then biopsy) and/or laser. Nervous as to results but I used the hsytersisters mantra this morning of "don't waste a good panic". Mom took DES so that is looming in background as a potentially complicating factor as well. Whatever it is or isn't it will be taken care of and ever onward. Waiting is indeed the worst part.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register