brownish-red discharge???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

brownish-red discharge???? brownish-red discharge????

Unread 01-31-2006, 05:12 AM
brownish-red discharge????

well i had a appt. with my gyn yesterday and he cancled on me and i have been having alot of new symptoms Bloating,gas,indigestion,right sided pain! i found a small pea sized lump on my right side that i'm worried about!! i'm now having a slight "browish-red" discharge.. it's not alot,but i'm very worried i had a hyst. 2 years ago what the heck is this???? it comes and goes...any ideas?? my mind is telling me there's something to be worried about ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2006, 01:31 PM

Hey Coffee:

He cancelled on you? Did you reschedule for later? Haven't you been waiting for a few weeks to get in to see him? Just seems really strange to me. Doesn't pass the smell test.
Unread 02-01-2006, 05:20 AM

yeah ,
i have waited for a month.. my new appt is tuesday! i called yesterday morning and didn't get nowhere!! they said that was the soonest they could get me in... so i have to wait 6 more days, 6 more days of not sleeping,6 more days of feeling this "lump" and wondering what the heck it is...i love my dr. he is the best one i have in a long time,but he is sooo busy and it drives me nuts.. also i'm wondering if he will send me to someone else.he specialize's in pelvic prolaps... (had that repaired by him 6 months ago)i'm having some of those symptoms too,but this bloating and gas is terriable..i have lost 30 lbs. and sometimes i look 5 months preg. usually at night.. after dinner. i only eat small portions because if i eat more i feel as if i'm going to blow up!! augh..anyways thanks for the reply... i guess i have to hang in there for a few more days..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2006, 08:16 AM

Here's a thought about your pea-sized lump. If you've lost 30 lbs it may be a lypoma. (might not have spelled that right). Some have a tendency to form a fatty tumor, lypoma, and then when they lose weight, the lypomas are noticable. If its easily felt under the skin, there's a chance that is what you are experiencing. I certainly hope so as that is not a serious condition, just a drag.

My Mom and my brother in law both tend to form lypomas when they gain weight and they don't go away when they lose the weight.

in the meantime. Do let us know what your doctor says.
Unread 02-01-2006, 10:24 AM

I am sorry you are going through all this. You have really been through the wringer.
It sounds like this doctor is really busy so you should probably take a list of concerns with you and make sure they are all addressed before he runs out the door. You might want to take someone with you if you are feeling too stressed out.
It does sound like something is not right but a lot of times these things have a simple fix if you only know what the problem is.
Try some deep breathing if you get too stressed.
Good Luck and Take care.
Unread 02-02-2006, 05:46 AM

thank you both..for the kind words

((((((((((((michelle35))))))))))

what is a lympoma??? do they have to remove them??? do they get bigger??? are they painful??? should i suggest this to my Dr.??? thanks
Unread 02-07-2006, 09:43 AM

Its a fatty tumor. Just a glob of fat. Doesn't need to be removed unless its causing pain, from what my Mom's surgeon said. My Mom had one on her arm that she kept bumping and her Mom bugged her about it until she had a surgeon remove it. They generally are completely harmless. If your doctor doesn't bring it up as a possibility and this is a bump near the surface, I'd ask, sure.

So, have you had your appt?
Unread 02-09-2006, 08:52 AM

thanks.. the dr. said i have a lot of small lumps..he said i probably have a TON of scar tissue,or adheshions.. he said the first thing he wants the PT to do is a ultrasound.. i know you can't see scar tissue or adheshions.he wants to rule out any type of cyst.or lumps in there he said too that my ovary is swollen and soooo tender i felt liek i was goin going to junp off the table... anyways i'm soooo glad that i didn't prolaps again the heavy feeling i'm feeling i quess is from the pelvic floor problem ..thanks again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register