Last day of work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last day of work Last day of work

Unread 01-31-2006, 08:29 AM
Last day of work

Well, I have prepared everything at home, and everything at work. Just tying up loose ends here at work today trying to keep myself busy so I don't think too much about tomorrow. As I am writing this, I realize that 24 hours from now it will be all over but the recovery!!! Aunt Flo is due any day, and I think I may just make it by without her rearing her ugly head one last time, although she has provided me with plenty of reminders of why I am doing this!!!!!!! cramps, pain, bloating, wicked headaches just to name a few. Good Luck to all the ladies on Feb 1 and good luck to those who are still waiting. I am nervous but calm, I have a great DH and a wonderful support system. The surgeon is great too.

I do need to vent just a wee bit though! I can't wait to get away from work and everybodies stories of advice and how to heal. I know they all mean well, but I have found that those who have been through it understand and advise not to over do it and listen to your doctor, and those who have no idea what or why I am facing what I am, have all kinds of advice, right wrong or indifferent. I even tried to keep it so only those whom I knew it affected but of course there is always one blabbermouth in the group and everyone knows! I even had one friend call me last night and tell me how to take care of my incision, except that I am having a TVH and she had a TAH. I listened dutifully and thanked her for her concern, said I would call when I get home. She was astounded when I told her I would be home the next day beacuse she had to stay 4 days!!! Again, the difference in procedures and as repeated here frequently: WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT, different reasons for surgery, type of surgery, ability to heal and also difference doctors. Thanks for listening. This site is a Godsend.

SEE YA'LL ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2006, 08:38 AM
Last day of work

Hi Penguinlady, good luck tomorrow! You must be looking forward to leaving work and going home! I am already hearing all kinds of advise from co-workers, family and friends too. I also feel bad because some co-workers are more concerned about the extra work they will have in my absence! Anyways, enjoy a nice dinner and try to relax tonight with maybe a nice long bath, a good movie or whatever makes you feel good. Good luck and take good care.....Frenchie
Unread 01-31-2006, 08:43 AM
Last day of work

I've been lucky in that my boss and co-workers have been pretty cool about the extra work. I am also getting "advice" from people, and it gets really irritating sometimes. It's the same thing, people trying to compare different people and surgeries. Even guys telling me about their surgeries! I just go with what the doc says, and try to ignore the rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Last day of work

Hi Penguinlady-

I, too, have had to hear everyone's "story" about their hysterectomy. Remember when you were pregnant (if you were) and everyone had to tell you their "horror labor stories"? Well, it seems they have all come out of the closet to share their "horror hysterectomy" stories with me all these years later. Most likely the ones who need to talk about it are the ones who had bad experiences, but geesh. So my new tactic has been to tell everyone that I'm tired of hearing those stories, so they don't even get a chance to start.

I'll be thinking about you, and all the others, who are going for surgery tomorrow - I can't believe it's here already. I had a freak out yesterday, but I am pretty calm today. Doing last minute stuff and getting a massage tonight!

One of the things that I am looking forward to is checking back here to see how the rest of you are doing - it really gives me something to look forward to.

See you on the other side!
Unread 01-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Last day of work

To you all tomorrow, you will all be in my thoughts and prayers. I look forward to seeing your post when you get home!

Peace to all
Unread 01-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Last day of work

Penguinlady,
good luck tomorrow!!!!! I had some of the same issues last week at my grandma's wake. One of my siblings decided to tell relatives I was having a hyst and of course then they wanted to know why. I asked them point blank if they really wanted to know all the bloody/gory details. that shut them up! What the heck! Used to be if you said you had woman problems/issues everyone shut up right away!!!

Good luck at the castle and see you when you get home! hugs Raymo
Unread 01-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Last day of work

Good luck to you and it's great that you have a wonderful support system.
Unread 01-31-2006, 02:53 PM
Last day of work

That first paragraph - except for the last two sentences, that could have been me writing that. Starting to cramp a little today....but it'll be all over but the recovery tomorrow.

Good luck to you and hug your DH's neck...that's so very special, especially now. God Bless.

Barbara
Unread 01-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Last day of work

I will burn a candle for you, and everyone else who is going to the castle tomorrow.

T.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register