I want to cancel - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I want to cancel I want to cancel

Unread 02-02-2006, 11:08 AM
I want to cancel

I have said this before, but will again, speak with your Doctor, honestly and in a direct manner. If you are unsure about the surgery, there may be other options for you in regard to treatments. In no way, at any time should you feel pressured into surgery. Even if you have a life threatening issue, you should never commit yourself to something you are not sure of.

I truly hope you find your answers and your peace.
T.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2006, 11:23 AM
I want to cancel

Iwaveatcows,
I hope you find peace in whatever decision you make. For myself, I wish I could just get it over with and move on with my new "improved" life!! But, due to scheduling issues, mine is still set for march 22. I have moments of doubt as well, but I just finished one hell of a period (soaking pads an hour, horrible cramps, diahhrea, etc) so it helps to know I have only 2 more af left.

Hang in there!! Hugs Raymo
Unread 02-02-2006, 01:55 PM
I want to cancel

My surgery for full hysterectomy was first scheduled for October 05 but I did not feel right about it so I cancelled. I spoke with my consultant telling her my fears, I had just started in a new role at work and felt it was too soon to be taking long medical leave. I was also not totally acceptable to the idea that I really needed surgery. I woried about the after effects of having the hysterectomy and loosing my ovaries. Although I am fast approaching 50 and have been experiencing signs of menopause for thepast 3 years, loosing my ovaries felt like i was loosing my womanhood.

My surgery is now scheduled for 10 Feb 06 and in the wait, I have my good days and my baaaaaaddddd days. Days when I sit and cry when I think about the possibility of loosing my ovaries. I have to say, I have more good days since I discovered Hyster Sisters. I am blessed with a family who fully support me and will continue to do so after my operation, along with many work colleagues and neighbours.

My forthcoming operation is now becoming like a celebration for me. No more running to the toilet every half an hour because my bladder feels full. This is caused by the firbroids pressing on my bladder. I have already booked manicure, pedicure and new hair do for 16 Feb (remember my opis on 10 Feb).

My entire family now know all there is to know about hysterectomies. In fact, we no longer call it hysteretomy.....we call it 'hysterically me ' because i will be hysterical with joy post op.

I wish you all good with your procedure(s) and my God bless you always.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2006, 01:58 PM
I want to cancel

Shesan, my surgery is also on Feb 10th! I started a thread a few days ago on the pre op message board, stop in and say hi! There's a few of us for that day!
Unread 02-02-2006, 01:58 PM
I want to cancel

Quote:
we call it 'hysterically me ' because i will be hysterical with joy post op.
Boy, I know I sure was when it was over!
Unread 02-02-2006, 02:02 PM
I want to cancel

Okay so today I feel like I do want to have the surgery ... i am such a mess. Tomorrow I am going to talk with the doctor that is going to deal with my hormones. I've chosen the bioidentical route. I'm excited about that. I am back to having all those little feelings in my abdominal area that were not there the other day so now the voice inside my head says do it do it do it ..
Unread 02-02-2006, 02:54 PM
I want to cancel

Two years ago I posted here. I was schedluled for hysterectomy with ovaries. I was menopausal already. My mother had just died of ovarian cancer. When cysts were discovered on my ovaries 6mm and 5mm and the the dr recommended removing them I was all for it, but as the day approached I got cold feet. My sister had such horrible problems with the depression and hormones after her surgery and I was afraid of those changes happening to me. I was as afraid of the surgery and aftermath, as I was of possible cancer.

I canceled my surgery one week before the surgery. I went on a wait and watch program. Its been two years, and I still have a 6mm and a 5mm cyst. The only problems I've had is with the psychological trama that each ultra sound every 3 months. But the longer this goes on with no change, the less worried I become.

Do you have options?
Unread 02-02-2006, 03:05 PM
I want to cancel

For all of you, I too was so scared I wanted to cancel as well. I didn't do it. I went ahead with my surgery on the 30th of this month. I was so scared of not the surgery but the pain afterwards and the recovery. I had to have an TAH with a vertical insision because of the size of my ovarian cyst. The docotor was quite frank with me and told me that unfortunately this was the hardest to recover from, but we had no other choices! Well I came to terms with it and came home yesterday, I am quite surprised at the amount or lack of pain I have. I am not saying that it is painless but I have had periods that hurt more. I know I have a ways to go but it is only going to get better. I was also scared about sexual function afterwards. I guess I thought that I would be able to feel the difference like there would be a hollow spot or something. Well it is too soon to tell about the sex part but, I really don't think there will be a problem, I don't feel any different than before, just better. Yes better even with the pain of recovery I feel better. So like everyone else tells us before the waiting is the worst, because your imagination runs wild. I hope this helps each and every one of you, as I can feel your pain and fear and just want to be able to reasure you, all will be well.

De Ann
Unread 02-02-2006, 03:19 PM
I want to cancel

What you are feeling is normal. I put surgery off for years! I just was scared what it would do to me....would I be the same? Would I have full blown menopause symptoms???? You just hear so many horror stories and it is scary!

I had surgery 5 weeks ago...the whole kit and caboodle and I can't tell you how GREAT I feel now. I went back to work on the 4th week and can't believe how much better I feel.

I haven't had any menopause symptoms....no hot flashes, no insomnia, I still lust for my husband (1 more week to go until I can act on that lust!) I am using a hormone patch until my 6th week and then my doctor will insert a vaginal ring for a more convenient hormone replacement therapy.

Everyone has been amazed at how quickly I bounced back. Now I know what the ladies (including my sister who wouldn't lie to me) I talked to meant when they told me I would feel so much better after having surgery.

I sure don't miss the pain and mess of long drawn out periods and spotting in-between. I'd highly recommend it to anyone considering it.

You do what you think is best. I wish I had done it sooner! The reason I had surgery when I did was because I have wonderful insurance until June of this year and I wanted to take advantage of not having a deductible and a $15.00 co-pay. Otherwise, who knows how much longer I would have put off the inevitable?

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this stressful time.
Unread 02-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I want to cancel

Iwaveatcows, what type of surgery are you scheduled to have?

I had LAVH and I honestly didn't have any pain. I went off the pain meds on the 4th day because I didn't like sleeping all the time. I was afraid I'd have pain and would have to go back on them, but I had NO PAIN whatsoever! I couldn't believe it!

I know an abdominal hysterectomy hurts more because of the incision. Hopefully you can have it done vaginally and it will be less painful for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register