Anybody out there that drink too much??? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anybody out there that drink too much??? Anybody out there that drink too much???

Unread 02-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Anybody out there that drink too much???

FWIW, my surgery report notes that they found a "palpably normal liver". They weren't looking for anything in particular, however. I have been in recovery since.....how long has it been?..... 1995 or 1996 (honestly, I don't keep track anymore. Don't know the day, either. I take that "one day at a time" thing pretty seriously.)

(((glorious1))) Right now, your #1 job is to get through your surgery and recovery. As you have heard already, only you know if your partying is over that imaginary line of social drinking.

I would call the hospital just to clarify how long you must abstain before surgery. As you have noted you can abstain for periods, you would be well advised to follow those directions to the letter!

to you as you continue on your journey. Just take care of today. When tomorrow comes, you can deal with whatever comes up then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Anybody out there that drink too much???

hi. I enjoy having a drink too. And I asked my doctor if I could have a drink with dinner the night before my surgery. She said no, of course but I too fudged on that pre op question. Well, accidently. I put down that I drink occasionally--which to me meant one or two drinks with or after dinner. And then the only once in a while party where I drink more. But then during another preop interview, the anestesiologist was like some people put occasional but drink every night. I didn't say anything but was blushing inside... Anyway...no alcohol while taking pain meds, but I read on here that one lady's doc okayed her to drink to control discomfort instead of meds. Be honest with your doctor and take care of yourself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register