on going right side pelvic fluid | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

on going right side pelvic fluid on going right side pelvic fluid

Unread 02-05-2006, 09:24 PM
on going right side pelvic fluid

Hello
I haven't posted on this forum for quite some time.I thought all of my fixable problems were behind me.
I had my TAH in May of 2004. I had a cat scan 3 months post op which showed a small amt of free pelvic fluid on the right side. It said possibly from a ruptured cyst, which is no problem. My Gyn agreed. I kept having vaginal dampness and irritation, so I went to a uro/gyn because supposably I needed a tvt for stress incontinence. I didn't even leak enough to get my underwear wet. The urodynamic tests showed I really didn't need one, but I leaked a large amount when they had me cough after a cystoscopy. This lead the uro/gyn to believe I needed one.I had it done 14 months post op from my hyst.I also had a lapro. at that time looking for cause of abdominal pain.No adhesions, but did find a small rock like thing on the right side in vault area, which is where the pelvic fluid was on cat scan. I know that rock like substance can be formed from urine sitting in one area for a long time. Anyway, my uro/gyn did not think a thing about it. My back went out (had a bad back) due to positioning during my tvt and anterior repair surgery, so I had a MRI the next day. It showed a small amount of pelvic fluid on the right side. Just like the cat scan. I also got a copy of my surgery report, which said there was a small amount of urine on the right side where there was a little rock like substance.The uro/gyn was not concerned about it.
I just picked up a copy of a MRI I had done the end of this Nov.This was a MRI of my lumbar spine. I read it and it said a small collection of fluid is seen in a right paramedian prespinal location within the retroperitoneum at the Lumbar 5 level.This is nonspecific in nature, and could represent a small lymphocele. This is less likely related to a ovary.
I think it is very unusual that every time I have a cat scan or MRI or the lapro that a small amount of urine is always found on that right side. The gynos keep saying it is from a cyst popping on my ovary. I don't think so and why would the fluid be in there long enough to form a stone? I looked up a Lymphocele and it is a cystic mass following blunt surgery trauma. This first showed up after my hyst and apparently is still there.I have been having alot of soreness and pulling feelings in that area for a long time.(I thought it was from scar tissue, but now believe it is related to this lymphocele. )That is why I had the lapro in Sept. I don't know what to do to get my gyn or the uro/gyn to listen to me. My abdoman has been making gurgling noises and thumping around since shortly after my hyst.I feel like I hold alot of liquid.
I hate to be fighting another issue. Maybe I should forget about it and hope nothing more comes of it. I just felt it is unusual for this fluid to keep showing up.
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2006, 10:37 PM
on going right side pelvic fluid

Not understanding why your drs. aren't more interested in the cause for this fluid. Doesn't fluid from ruptured cyst dissipate after time? I'd be seeing a different physician--especially if you're in discomfort.
Hope things improve, and fast.
Leigh

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register