Something to think about | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Something to think about Something to think about

Unread 02-06-2006, 04:55 AM
Something to think about

HI all, I wanted to share something that I foundo ut the other day, you may already know but wanted to share.

I will be 2 years post op from my LAVH-BSO onMay 18 2006. Since my hyst, I have many problems and still have pelvic pain. I went in on jan 18 2005 for full recontructive pelvic floor surgery. My pelvic pain still came back. I just went back to my dr whom I love. There is something wrong with the mesh, it has twisted around amjor nerve, artery and muscle. I will be heading to the castle tomorrow to get that fixed with surgery.

Well during my appoint, my Dr sat down and I began to tel him about this place, how i felt, that I was unhappy and everything. He looked over my charts. then told me my hyst was no necessry. I did not need it. I had chronic pelvic pain even when I was not on my period. He said when you have pelvic pain not related to a period, then having a hyst will not make that go away. He said he felt I had a pelvic floor disorder and that I have been having myofasial pain. He said that many drs do not look at this route, cause thye do not want to get that involved with their paitients. He has promised me, he will fix me. He is suggesting trigger point injections and if that does not work, killing the nerver that is involved.

He told to pass on to my hystersisiters (those were his words...lol) If you are expereincing pelvic pain after you hyst, to please get checked for a pelvic floor disorder, myofasial pain and trigger point injections. I looked up the myofasial pelvi pain and it even talked about feeling tired all the time. My Dr also said, if your drs will not listen, to ome see him ...LOL/ I have done research, he is the only Dr within a 100 mile radius that does these type of things.

Anyway I wanted to post this, so you can have something else to throw at you dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Something to think about

Thanks for passing this on. I that your course of treatment gets you to the place I am, pain free and knowing full well what an awesome gift that is!!!!

I hope you are treated like a in the castle and that your surgical outcome is excellent! Do let us know how it all goes, including your followup therapy.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register