4 weeks post op--How do you feel? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post op--How do you feel? 4 weeks post op--How do you feel?

Unread 02-07-2006, 11:06 PM
4 weeks post op--How do you feel?

Hi! For those of us who went to the castle on January 10, it's been 4 weeks today. Just curious as to how everyone's doing! Let me hear from you, OK? Doesn't matter what kind of surgery--c'mon down!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2006, 11:30 PM

Hi! I'm a Jan. 10th princess too. I went for a check up yesterday, Mon. Feb. 6. My doctor said that my vaginal cuff was healing well, but I have to wait on having sex for another 2 weeks. I had a TAH. They took everything. My belly is still very swollen and it is bugging me. We went to my daughter's last home basketball game tonight. I wore jeans and it almost killed me. I came straight home and put on my comfy flannel pjs. My nights and days are a little off. I can't fall asleep so I logged on to visit with my hystersisters.
Hope everyone is doing great! Can't wait to read how everyone is doing.
Unread 02-08-2006, 05:18 AM
4 weeks post op

Hello everyone, went to my 4 weeks post op check yesterday and doctor says everything looks great still have some internal stitches. have the all clear to go to work and continue on with normal activities. still have 2 more weeks to wait for sex. everything seems to be going well just a few hot flashes here and there and night sweats. anyone else wait six months before starting hormone treatment? also got my path results and don't understand most of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2006, 07:42 AM

Hi, i also went for my 4 week check up on Monday...I also still have internal stitches. He applied silver nitrate. Said it would speed up the healing process. Im feeling kinda icky today..Have started to have some red bleeding..Not sure if this is normal after the silver nitrate? I was told i intercourse was ok in 7-10 days..Just was up to me and what i felt like..Im still bleeding so that would be a NO til i quit. I see it as if i am still bleeding, i am still healing?
I feel like im doing really well, i still have some swelling but has gone down quite a bit. Havent gained any weight which im proud of. Sleeping on my stomach finally YAY.
Amber-LAVH LS/O
Unread 02-08-2006, 11:50 PM

Well, I'm at 4 weeks today and I'm just curious, is everyone else still getting tired easily? I am. I get worn out. I have to walk slowly because of the pain. (I have to walk more than I should, though, because I can't drive.) I just tire super easily even when I'm not walking, though.

Also, I still have pain if I lift anything as heavy as a full jug of milk or more. I find this all very frustrating.

It'll get better soon, though, right?
Unread 02-09-2006, 06:09 AM

Freemesoon-I still tire fairly easy. Some days are better than others, i think that is kind of strange..I have been taking it pretty easy...Some days i feel like i need a nap or i wont make it thru the day..Other days i can make it til the end of the night but i am exhausted..Like you, i cant really lift anything over a full jug of milk or i feel it in my tummy. I am getting frustrated as well...I think it is a normal feeling tho..I have been walking the past couple of days. The other day we walked 3 laps around the school we live near (at a slower pace of course) yesterday we walked a little bit..I had my husband put my treadmill down so i could use it today..It must be difficult for you to HAVE to walk where you need to go..
Im sure it will get better soon. I told my husband before I no it i wont even be talking about the surgery before to long, it will be old news and forgotten about..Definitely glad that i had it done, just didnt realize how much patience it took for recovery!!
Amber
Unread 02-09-2006, 07:03 AM

I am 4 weeks post-op today, and went to my Dr. yesterday. He said I still have stitches, and within the next 2 weeks may see some black strings come out. I am still bleeding and he said that is normal also. My path report said I had adenomyosis and cervicitis. I had no idea I had the adeno...he never mentioned that word before, and I never knew what it was before reading these boards, so at least that didn't scare me when I heard it. He said I can go back to work a week from Monday. He wants to see me another month, and at that time, he said he will take a sonogram of my ovaries.
I went to a HOA board meeting last night, that went on for over 2 hours, and sitting on that folding chair really killed me. I woke up this morning with pain in my belly and lower back. I haven't had any real pain in about 2 weeks. I am assuming it is from sitting for so long, and I will take some advils.

LAVH Jan 12 - kept ovaries - adenomyosis
Unread 02-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Stiches

I keep reading about all the ladies seeing their stiches after they fall out. Do all stiches fall out and are visable? I am five weeks post op and have seen no signs of stiches. I had a TAH/BSO. I look everytime I wipe and have seen nothing. Is that good or bad? I don't go backto the DR till the 21st of Feb and have had two visit already and he never mentioned anything about them.
Unread 02-09-2006, 07:59 AM

Hi grandblanclady

Some women are stapled instead of stitched closed - I was - so there are no stitches to see.

Wendy
Unread 02-09-2006, 08:03 AM
4 weeks

Today marks 4 weeks for me, too. (Jan. 12 TAH). I bounced back pretty quickly, and had thought I'd be more "normal" by now. Still quite swollen. Getting a little frustrated, but I know it will pass. I am feeling rather lethargic; know I could do more around the house and could probably do more at work (very flexible) but I just don't care to. I chalk it up to taking care of myself...but really I'm feeling lazy. Have been taking walks around the mall, going to the office a short time each day etc. I do go in next Tuesday for my check-up. I appreciate this message board, as it makes me realize the universe of possible healing patterns.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register