Adhesion Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adhesion Pain Adhesion Pain

Unread 02-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Adhesion Pain

Its been a year and a half and I'm "dying" of pain...the 30 pain pills she gave me is not doing much i'm fine for about 3 hrs then it comes back.

how do i know its adhesion pain and what can i do? i'm so desperate, even though I know it may certainly cause more adhesions, i'm willing to risk a surgery to remove it....oh, i'm really in pain. working, i drive an hour to the office each day. then i'll go a day or two okay...no pain pills necessary and then i have a day like to day where it fills like my belly is on fire....

my ob/gyn had ordered a ct scan and nothing showed up on it 90 days after my surgery. she wants to do another one...but why bother? if its adhesions, it wouldn't show up. i live in one town and work in another, its VERY inconvenient and i do not have faith that this procedures would reveal anything.

please help me! it is causing me to be depressed. i've dieted, exercised (walking 2 miles at least twice a week) I am active (when I'm not commuting to work) quittting is NOT an option.

I'm a new grandmother with a nother on the way..this is not what I expected after my surgery. you've seen post from me before...i went in with the lap surgery and wound up with a tah. i had a partial when i was 30, no problems until jan 04, pre-menopause, cysts. what was to be a normal surgery...she just got in and got my ovaries and got out. told me it was a mess....i'm really hurting. no pain mgmt drs in my area that help or have been successful with pelvic pain and women. any ideas, temporary relief? can't take ibu or aleve or else my stomach burns. i can take a combination of darvocet and one lortab...some relief when its bad. UGH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Adhesion Pain

I'm sorry you are in so much pain. You are right...a ct scan will not diagnose adhesions only a diagnostic lap. Have they done any other tests yet to rule out adhesions such as GI work up, MRI, etc? Have you tried any physical therapy? I did have the diagnostic lap done and they did find lots of dense adhesions that were causing my pain and then had to do an abdominal incision to clean everything up. Your pain may or may not be adhesions. The fact that you have had an abdominal surgery in the past certainly increases the risk of that. If you have had all of the other testing done to look into why you are in pain then a diagnostic lap is very reasonable. It is not fun being in pain...and no fun not knowing why you are in pain. Not knowing can cause alot of stress, I know. I would have a talk with your doctor and find out what h/she would recommend to find out where your pain is coming from. If that dr. doesn't seem to want to help find one who will. I hope you find answers to why you are hurting so you can enjoy those granchildren! I really understand what you are going through.
Sherry
Unread 02-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Adhesion Pain

Hi, Our acupuncturist recommends stretching to help
with adhesions. Hold the stretch for 30 seconds, no bouncing....Also read this from a physical therapist...Chiropractor told me massaging the area and taking thyroid supplement (gland form) would eat up the scar tissue. All of the above helped me,
But it would to be well to establish that you DO have adhesions before trying a cure. Is torn muscle a possibility? This can't be seen in a scan either. Pray you
improve.
Leigh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Adhesion Pain

I work in a Chiropracter's office and I was talking to one of the new women chiros the other day and telling her about adhesion pain. She also had adhesion pain and said she takes no more than 400 IU's of a good Vitamin E capsule a day. She said this can soften adhesions so they don't hurt as much. I guess anything is worth a try. Yoga is another thing that may help...at least with stress..you do alot of stretching with yoga. It kind of hurts my adhesion area to do some of the moves, but I just keep at it hoping it will help. Acupuncture helps with pain...it can relax and energize us as well. I have also tried myofascial release only once...I think it would help if I would stick with it, but I became very nauseated afterward and have not tried it again, but probably will. Bottom line though is actually finding out what is going on and why you are having the pain and discomfort. It's best to exhaust all your options for diagnosing your pain first so you know what you are dealing with. There are multitudes of things that could be causing your pain. It could be muscular, gastro, etc. Best to get it checked out.
Sherry
Unread 02-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Adhesion Pain

You may have to let them go in and see, a lap is not
too bad, even though I haven't been willing to do it,
but I have had several surgeries these last 4 yrs and I
am just not ready for another, but sometimes you have
no choice to let them look in there. I have pelvic
pain also, and mine is worse depending on the position
of the bowel, so some days are really bad especially
if I completely empty, I guess it takes the pressure off
of a nerve and makes it hurt, or it is pulling on an
adhesion, but my primary care Dr. gives me 90 Lortab
a month, and that at least gets me by. I don't like to
have to live on pain meds, but I have to work and that
is the only way I can do what I do. I also drive an hr one
way 2 days a week and sitting is hell. Pain management
can at least prescribe you something, even if they can't
do anything else. Good luck, I know your pain.
Unread 02-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Adhesion Pain

slt,

I know how you feel about pain meds. I too am on 90 lortab a month. It helps control the pain so that I can function. I am waiting to here back from the dr who did my surg 3 years ago to see what he thinks. Good luck to you.

kayteeg
Unread 02-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Adhesion Pain

yes, I know it isn't good to have to take them, but I
am just so grateful that such a thing exists, and that
my Dr. trusts me with them, I couldn't do my job
without them.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register