Now It's Me Who Needs Help And Prayers | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now It's Me Who Needs Help And Prayers Now It's Me Who Needs Help And Prayers

Unread 02-11-2006, 05:56 AM
Now It's Me Who Needs Help And Prayers

I went for my annual mammogram yesterday.
I am very big breasted and as usual, they had to redo 2 films which I am very accustomed to have happen.
Following that, I was sent down the hall for a sonogram at which time they decided to do a biopsy.
I won't know the results until Tuesday or Wednesday just as all of my 3 sons arrive who I haven't seen in a year!

I am a pillar of strength and support for my sister. When it comes to issues for myself, I totally shut down and cannot even function.

I realize that 80% of biopsies come back as being benign, somehow at the moment I can't seem to find comfort in that.

Has anyone had breast biopsies that were benign and what was found?

I am also asking for you prayers that my results will be OK.

Since 2003, it's just been one thing after another and I am now feeling just so overwhelmed.

Heni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2006, 06:29 AM

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I pray that it was just a terribly stressful day and that the results will be negative. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your three sons (three sisters, three sons?) and that you will all be celebrating your negative test results.
Unread 02-11-2006, 07:47 AM

Hi, Heni,

Sorry to hear about your breast biopsy. I have had two myself and both turned out benign. I think with cancer survivors like me or relatives of cancer survivors like you, the professionals engage in "heightened surveillance," as they rightly should. What I mean by this is often things that would not be biopsied in the general public are biopsied with us because there is an added level of concern that they want to make sure nothing is missed.

Needless to say, it does add to our level of anxiety! I recall my radiation oncologist finding what she described as an "area of irregularity" in my right breast when I went in for my radiation consult for endometrial cancer. So I came out of the consult not just putting a plan in place for my pelvic radiation, but thinking I might also have breast cancer. I didn't know on which area of my body I should focus my worry first!

As I said, though, that biopsy and the one that followed it about a 1 1/2 years later both turned out benign. Since then I've gotten back on track with the normal once-a-year mammogram, which I thought for a while might never happen.

I know it's easy for me to say don't worry, and I never would have listened to someone telling me that when I was in the situation. But, as you know, the odds are greatly in your favor that the results of your biopsy will be benign.

Warmest regards,

MoeKay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2006, 07:51 AM

Heni,

So sorry to hear they sent you for a biopsy...My prayers are with you...It is so hard not to worry..but I think our minds can be cruel at times...thinking crazy...Try to stay calm...and stay as busy as possible so you don't go crazy thinking about it... and

Kara
Unread 02-11-2006, 08:24 AM

Well said MoeKay. Heni, I haven't had a biopsy, but I am on the semi-annual mammogram/sonogram for 'watchful waiting' for some suspicious areas on both breasts. I understand your fears! I think it's great that the doctors are being hypervigilant with your care, and I will pray for clean, problem-free biopsy results.

xoxo
k9
Unread 02-11-2006, 08:29 AM

Heni, To date I've had five breast biopsies -- all due to suspicious microcalcification clusters showing on mammograms and ultrasounds. Four had benign results. Far as I know, three of them simply found nothing. One was a benign fibroadenoma (pocket of fat). Biopsy no. 3 resulted in DCIS.

Much more likely you'll get the results and that will be the end of it. Worrying doesn't do any good. Try not to. Easier said than done.

Will be thinking of you.

Mary D.
Unread 02-11-2006, 10:01 AM

Heni,

I am sending hugs and prayers your way and hoping that everything turns out to be benign. Try to stay as busy as possible. It leaves less time for the mind to run wild. Let us know what you find out.

's
Unread 02-11-2006, 12:52 PM

((Heni))

I will certainly pray for you that your biopsy results will come quickly and the results will be benign. Hang in there and enjoy the time with your sons!

s and ers, Deb
Unread 02-11-2006, 01:10 PM

Most come back benign. I had a biopsy and then a lumpectomy, actually two lumpectomies in the same breast at the same time. One was completely benign. The other was atypical lobular hyperplasia. Got it removed in outpatient surgery, and home the same day. No problems since. I figure, with many in our family having breast cancer, I was lucky in finding the atypia early enough that it didn't turn to cancer.

If you get regular mammos, you don't have too much of a chance of anything awful slipping up on you. Enjoy seeing your sons. I bet they want some of mom's cooking too. Maybe a big pot of chili and popcorn later, with the tv.
Unread 02-11-2006, 05:36 PM

Sending positive thoughts your way. Good luck. anna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register