4 wks Post-Op - How's it Going? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 wks Post-Op - How's it Going? 4 wks Post-Op - How's it Going?

Unread 02-13-2006, 12:40 PM
4 wks Post-Op - How's it Going?

Hi -

Just checking on the sisters.

I had a TAH with nicked baldder repair on 1/19th. Weeks 1 and 2 were great - felt good and was happy with my progess! Felt blah week 3. Seems like I was more aware of my inner stiches and pullings. Now into week 4 - I am hoping for more postive attitude and progress. I still have days were I feel like a BRICK in the morning -incoherent and heavy and unable to wake-up. My body is very communicative - lets me know when I've done too much and lets me know if I have been not doing enough! Got the stinky odor from the stitches - seems to come and go. I've lost about 10lbs (yeah!) and hope to keep it off.....getting a little harder now that my appetite is back.... Not getting pampered as much as before - darn! - but it does feel good to be more useful around the house. My incision is healing just fine. Still hurts my bladder when I pee. Still feel litle twinges of pain- but nothing worth taking pain meds for. Mostly just get tired and feel a little crampy if I overdo it - then I just lay down and read or watch TV. Pretty exciting life! No intercourse yet. One orgasm though! still works! I can wear my pants from before surgery - especially since I lost some weight - but I still prefer my pj's or sweats!

Anyway - how are YOU doing!?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2006, 12:53 PM

I had TAH/BSO---adenomyosis, endometriosis, colon stuck to the ovary on Jan. 13th.

I am doing very well. I was released to return to work at three weeks but decided to wait until after six weeks due the nature of my job that involves a lot of walking, standing, lifting, twisting and climbing of the ladder.

My incision seems to be healing very well. I am having a little trouble finding a comfortable position to go to sleep. No matter how I lie down, I feel the incision pull. I don't have any large amounts of pain, I usually call it discomfort and can be ignored. I do, however, have inside itching episodes that I find hard to ignore. I am finding that each day I have a little more energy and can bend and twist a little better.

I am a little nervous about returning to work in two weeks. I will just have to take things slowly until I get back into the swing of things.

Thanks for asking.

I can now wear all of my pants but still do prefer my night shirts.
Unread 02-13-2006, 02:55 PM

It's been four weeks for me also. I'm doing great over all but today I have had a lot of twingy feelings and pulling and tightness in my abdomen. Very big Swelly Belly today also. I'm hoping its just part of the recovery. I'm very tired today too. I haven't had any bleeding Dr. said I wouldn't or shouldn't have any. I went for 4 week post op last Thursday. I have been released to go back to work on the 27th.
( school bus driver) special ed. 8 hours a day. I have to go back for pelvic exam on the 23rd. not looking forward to that. Have any of you had that yet? Did it hurt.
hugs to all of you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2006, 03:30 PM
5 weeks post op

Hi fellow sisters,

I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow, I still dont feel great, but heading that way. I keep getting pains in my upper abdomen and am having a heck of a time falling asleep at night. Also, pain when I urinate, no bladder infection per MD last week. I see my dr this thursday, I am not ready to go back to work yet I do know that much, hoping dr will give me a couple more weeks. I had both my ovaries and tubes removed as well is lots of scar adhesions, was suppose to be laproscopic but he ended up doing the big ole cut. I also came down with strep throat and then a yeast infection, just glad its over. Does anyone know what the normal time off work is, when I had my hysterectomy 11 years ago I was off for 8 weeks. I just have to say I love this site and its been really helpfull, especially late at night when I cant sleep.
Unread 02-13-2006, 04:43 PM

4 weeks for me as well! Friday, I was feeling pretty good and had lunch out with a friend. Saturday I rested a lot and didn't feel too bad, but Sat evening I started having more pain. Sunday, just miserable and no sleep last night at all. Burning pain when urinating, sore back, lots of blood in urine and clots and horrible pain in my bladder and kidney. I am supposed to have the stent out of my ureter next Monday. Called uro this morning, he says all that is normal and hang on til Monday! I phoned my GP and told him, he sent me for a urine test immediately and had me come in to collect prescriptions for antibiotic, pain meds and phenazopridine. He said if pain hasn't lessened by Wednesday to come back in and he'll order a new cystogram to see what is going on. What's wrong with my uro guy. He is really pi$$ing me off! Thank God for my good ole doc. I was unable to talk to my gyn today as she was in surgery. I haven't had any pain from my hyster since week one and my incision is well healed over and hardly visable; but this bladder and kidney thing has really got me down today. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever feel fine again. Thanks for letting me vent!

Mar
Unread 02-13-2006, 05:14 PM

Im doing well. My incision hurts like yours does now on the inside. ITs really been bothering me since last night. I think I may have pulled something when I carefully and gently pushed the 12" of snow off the car with a brush. I did it in little bits and let it slide off. I didnt shovel tho. One thing I have that I am wondering if anyone else has. I seem to have a clearish discharge. Its enough to get my underwear wet. I also wake up in the morning being wet and not sure what this is. Sometimes I can feel it coming out during the day
Unread 02-13-2006, 05:40 PM

I started getting that discharge right before I started the stinky stuff. I just wore a light days pad. Helped me stay 'fresher'.
Unread 02-13-2006, 08:17 PM
4 weeks on Friday...posted earlier today

I seem to be on the down side today...just crampy ...achy....not feeling too great. Would seem almost that I am having a period...but only light pink spotting.

I too have had the clear discharge that made me wonder if my bladder sling was working!! Although, I know that it is because I can sneeze and cough without having to change clothes. Go thru the stinky stuff off and on too.

I just hope I wake up tomorrow and feel much better.

Edna
Unread 02-14-2006, 06:23 AM

So then some of you have the same thing. Sometimes I do think its pee but I dont know if the doctor did a bladder sling. Is it normal to have one? Do they just do that anyway? Sometimes it just comes out for no reason..as Im sitting or standing. Im thinking of calling the dr today but wanted to see what others had to say
Unread 02-14-2006, 09:04 AM
I thought it was urine at first too...

I thought it was pee also, but it didn't have that "odor" that urine does...and...it didn't happen all the time...like you said (or someone)...I would wake up in the AM and be wet...and go....ok...how did that happen....when I did have the incontinence, it never happened lying down. So that's when I figured it must be related to the surgery itself.

I think I may have read soemthing about it on the boards too....so much information to push into your head!!

Hope you are feeling better....today...I am not much better....

edna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register