Full Blown Cold | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Full Blown Cold Full Blown Cold

Unread 02-14-2006, 05:12 AM
Full Blown Cold

Well, it happened! I have a full blown cold! Surgery is 1 week from today so I'm hoping I can get better by then. Not sure how it'll work but sure would hate to go through bowel prep and anxiety and get to hospital and have it cancelled. Heard from others that anesthiosologist could cancel if he doesn't like how you're breathing from the cold etc. I have appt with GP doctor for medical clearance so guess I'll ask him. Why couldn't things just go the way they are planned? I know it's not the worse thing in the world if this is postponed but the waiting/anxiety will make me CRAZY (or crazier) I think!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2006, 05:21 AM
Full Blown Cold

I had a really bad head cold last week and had to go for my pre op on Friday. When I got there the first thing I said was how worried I was that they would cancel on me as my hubby has booked flights back from Saudi and my mam has taken time off work to come and look after the children while I am in hospital.

They said that as long as the cold had not gone onto my chest it would be fine for the op to still take place as planned. I dosed myself up on Beechams Flu Max Strength for 4/5 days and drank loads of OJ. The cold has shifted altogether now. I think that some of it is that we get so run down worrying about it all we are bound to come down with something. I hope that you are feeling better soon and that everything goes ahead as planned.
Unread 02-14-2006, 06:17 AM
Full Blown Cold

Good luck at the drs. I hope that all goes well and that nasty old cold will clear up quickly

Please keep us updated on what you learn and how you're doing.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Full Blown Cold

Hi highwoman:

had the same thing happen to me and was able to shake it in less than 3 days by getting lots of rest, drinking water and oj. definitely check with your doc so they can help you, don't want to take anything that may cause delay of your surgery
Unread 02-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Full Blown Cold

Hello highwoman I think this must happen a lot, getting sick before surgery, call your Doc ask about antibiotics and try to relax the more you stress the harder it will be to get better. Everything will be ok nothing ever goes as planned at least not for me. Guess that keeps life exciting huh? Best of luck and Big Hugs.
Unread 02-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Full Blown Cold

I am also one week from my surgery date and have had a bad cold for a least two weeks. I did go for my pre op at the doctors and she was not very concerned. I got a puffer for wheezing and I have been double dosing with Oregano oil(natural antibiotic) I am feeling better but am still nervous. My whole life has been put on hold for this and I am on a limited time schedule.
Trying to remain optomistic!
Ridge Sister
Unread 02-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Full Blown Cold

Hi. highwoman
I just came back from the doctor. I was just diagnosed with a double ear infection, swollen glands and a sinus infection. When I asked the doctor about the medicine He said it should not interfere because it isn't in my chest. He also said if I waited any longer to come in it might have interfered. Lucky me. : Good luck with Your appt.
I hope to see You next month
Celticdl
Unread 02-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Full Blown Cold

Glad I'm not alone. I'm hoping my GP will give me some antibiotics tomorrow and send this thing packing. I've been doing Zicam swabs, drinking tea and OJ and praying alot! I'm not sure if I'll be at the NJ get together but maybe I'll try to get there. I'm not much for socializing - usually very quiet so not sure I'd feel comfortable. It's nothing personal it's just me! Good luck and I'll keep you in my thoughts so you hurry up and get better - me too!
Unread 02-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Full Blown Cold

My sore throat ended up being the flu. It settled in my chest and I'm still trying to clear it out.
The Dr thinks I should be fine by Friday.. We'll see.
This is just not going to be fun. It must be a conspiracy.. There sure are a lot of us who are sick.
Unread 02-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Full Blown Cold

I think it is a conspiracy. It must be the time of Year and the fact that our immune systems have been through the ringer. Stress is another issue. we are stressing and trying to get everything done etc.
Good luck on Friday. I wish you an uneventfull recovery.
I will keep all the sisters going this week in my prayers
Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register