how are all my 3 week post-oppers doing?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how are all my 3 week post-oppers doing?? how are all my 3 week post-oppers doing??

Unread 02-16-2006, 07:33 PM
how are all my 3 week post-oppers doing??

hi all...just wanted to check in,and let everyone know im starting to feel so much better...the first couple weeks i really thought i was going to feel aweful forever,but yesterday and especially today...i feel soooooooooooooooooooooo much better...i still have the foggy headedness,and i still get very tired very easily,but over all,things are so much better than even a week ago....how are all the other 3 opers doing???sonie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2006, 08:10 PM

3 weeks tomorrow and moving SLOWLY -- I think I am in this for the LONG haul of healing -- I get tired so easily still and have the numbness in the belly and pain on left side whenever I start to over do it -- I wish I could say I feel great, but fair would be a good call at the moment --
Unread 02-16-2006, 08:33 PM

I wish I could say I felt better. Went to doctor on Monday for bad bad heartburn :burning: and nausea Doc said I have stuff in my lungs and that I have an infection some place I do not have a fever or any congestion or coughing. Gave me something for the nausea and antibotics and told me to double up on my nexium and to see him in a week. I can say that the nausea meds gave me the best night of sleep that I've had since being home from the castle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2006, 08:33 PM

Thanks for asking about we 3 week post op gals! I had to return to work yesterday, 1/2 days and find myself a bit sore and very tired by the end of the day. Took a 3 hour nap today!!! But we gotta keep on keepin' on girls! Hugs to you all, we have been through a lot and some ppl just don't have a clue! (like the general census of ppl) so it's great to find comfort in this site!!

Hugs to you all!!!!
God Bless!
Skye
Unread 02-16-2006, 08:50 PM

Feeling great, had stage 1 cervical cancer, and had a laproscopic hysterectomy removing cervix and uterus. Dr. gave 7 day hormone patch for my headaches and night sweats. Working out on treadmill, almost feeling normal again except for swelly belly. I see that Arts&Glass Lady lives close to my city! Yes, those nausea meds are great. Much luck to all.
Unread 02-16-2006, 09:08 PM

Soniek,
I feel great! Went out driving today for the first time (after getting the ok from my doctor at the 2-week checkup), my husband and I went to Costco (of all places!!!), he pushed the cart and hauled the crates of oranges ...). No really, I feel great, no pain, no discomfort, only night sweats are bothering me for now. I think it paid off that I forced myself not to do anything during the first 2 weeks at home. The couch was my best friend (still is from late afternoon onwards!). My husband and I run our own business (travel agency) and I work from home on my laptop a few hours every day. Well, so far so good - let's hope by 4-week check-up will give me the green light to lifting and bending.
Unread 02-16-2006, 09:18 PM

this bigest complains i have at this point(besides horrid gas pain that i have not had untill 2 days ago),are severe nausia,and a pain on the right side of my stomache,just beside the belly button and just down a hair..lol..make sense??anyway,this spot has hurt me since day one,and while it is getting better,it is still there...getting up in the mornings i hurt,im stif,and sore,but overall,i do see huge improvements...hang in there gals...we shall all see better days,and very soon!!
Unread 02-16-2006, 09:40 PM

3 weeks post op and feeling great!
Unread 02-17-2006, 12:24 AM

I'm three weeks as of Wed. and feeling good. Would like to be more active- have any of you three weekers gotten permission to do any sports activity? I still get tired, some soreness around the incision, but overall ok. I'm already on the Vivelle Dot, which stopped the night sweats, moodiness and headaches- recommended. I had a TAH, BSO.
Unread 02-17-2006, 05:33 AM

Definitely on the mend - felt so weird to drive by the hospital exactly three weeks to the hour yesterday from my surgery! Had an errand to run and just happened to be in that area. My incision area is the only place that gets sore if I overdo it (ie I hit Kohls - they had a heck of a sale and since ShopRite was just next door.... . Haven't attempted my old jeans, but picked up two pair of pants on clearance w/the elastic waist so I can get out of sweats to go to church this weekend. Thanks for all taking the time to post on EVERYTHING - I had no idea how much this board would help and am very thankful to have it as a means of support! Katie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register